Hello to all, Problem I am having is in Outlook, under inbox, I have sub ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bclc17 no está en línea Stack level 1

No Mail in Sub Folders

Advertisement

Hello to all,

Problem I am having is in Outlook, under inbox, I have sub folders. Mail comes in, then i manually drag it to assigned sub folders. On the BB, I see the sub folders, but they are all empty. Even recent mail. (I saw earlier post regarding only recent mail working this way) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to pinstack!

try this:
    How To - Enable Folder Redirection with Inbox sub-folders

With BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0, both the Inbox and Sent Items folders are set, by default, to forward email messages to the handheld. With BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6, only the Inbox is set, by default, to forward email to the handheld.
    To set up sub-folders of the Inbox to receive redirected email, follow the steps below. Folder redirection can be defined from Desktop Manager or the BlackBerry device.
    Note: The settings only apply to messages received after the Folder redirection changes have been saved.
    Set up from Desktop Manager
    1. Open Desktop Manager. Double-click Redirector Settings.
    2. Select the Advanced tab. In the Folder redirection section, select the Selected folders option. Click the Choose Folders button (see image below).

3. In the Choose Folders window, expand the Inbox.
    4. Select the Inbox and any additional folders you want to enable redirection on. Click OK to close the open windows.
    Set up from the handheld
    To set folder redirection on the device, the BlackBerry device software must be version 4.0 or higher.
    1. From the Home screen, go to Messages.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Options > Email Settings.
    3. Click the trackwheel and select Folder Redirection.
    4. In the Folder Redirection menu, expand the Mailbox by highlighting it, clicking trackwheel and selecting Expand.
    5. Under the Mailbox, expand the Inbox by highlighting it, clicking the trackwheel and selecting Expand.
    6. Highlight the folder on which you want to enable redirection. Click the trackwheel and select Change Option. Note: If you are unable to select Expand for any of the folders, or if the Change Option menu option is unavailable, try turning Wireless Reconcile on the handheld off and then on again. You can find Wireless Reconcile in Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation.
    7. Click the trackwheel and select Save to save your changes.
    Set up from BlackBerry Enterprise Server
    1. In BlackBerry Manager, right-click on a user’s name, then click Properties.
    2. Select the Redirection tab.
    3. Select the Selected Folders radio button, then click Choose Folders.
    4. Expand the Inbox.
    5. Select the Inbox and any additional folders on which you want to enable redirection.
    6. Click OK to close the Choose Folders window.
    7. Click OK again.

PIN/ID
    ask
    if you can't seem to 'check' the check boxes. This is a bug in Desktop version 3.6 ...

Install BlackBerry Desktop Software version 3.6 Service Pack 3 or later to fix

I am not sure about what constitutes re-direction. In Outlook (on my pc) under the inbox, I have existing folders with older email inside them. That is the mail i am looking for. I did a test after applying the settings you gave above, I (manually) moved the email from the inbox to the sub-folder and the test email showed up in a sub-folder on the handheld. After I deleted it from the handhelds inbox however, it also left the handhelds sub-folder, all the while staying in the inbox of Outlook. (make any sense?) I am almost sure I will not get older mail to move over, but I would like to start saving newer stuff in subfolders.

PIN/ID
    ask
    yes only new mail will be saved

But it does not work.

bkreeger no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400F5322

Re: No Mail in Sub Folders

Does this work with the non - BES software?

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by bkreeger
    Does this work with the non - BES software?
    No not that i'm aware.

Zingari no está en línea Stack level 1

Ah just found this following asking a question on a similar thread as I have exactly the same problem.

Trouble is under 'email settings' I do not have 'Folder Redirection' listed - just inbox and save copy of sent.

I don not have desktop manager as IT Section do it remotely. To gain access to filed mail do I therefore need to ask my IT to do this from the server?

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zingari
    Ah just found this following asking a question on a similar thread as I have exactly the same problem.

Trouble is under 'email settings' I do not have 'Folder Redirection' listed - just inbox and save copy of sent.

I don not have desktop manager as IT Section do it remotely. To gain access to filed mail do I therefore need to ask my IT to do this from the server?
    You need to be on BES or using Desktop Redirector for folder redirection to work. That's why you don;t have that menu item.

N4ZXI no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Additional location...

If you are using the BES Profesional software on your server and not the full BES server, then right click on the user and pick "Choose Folders for Redirection"
    The rest is self explanitory.

mimahitna no está en línea Stack level 1

zuik

fzuicugz

creech3920 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi there,

I am not using a server for my BB...I am using the other choice, but I can't remember what that was.....I want to create other folder to put email in, can I do this on the BB Curve 8330?

Also, is there a way that the saved messages do not stay on my main page in email and go to the saved folder instead. Right now it is on both