Hi Everyone! When my BB is connected to my pc, I can Browse, Send and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

gillyd no está en línea Stack level 2

No connectivity when not connected to PC??

Advertisement

Hi Everyone!

When my BB is connected to my pc, I can Browse, Send and Recieve emails. As soon as I detach it, I can't do any of the things I just mentioned. In order to get connectivity again, I have to reboot (flip the battery out) then resync...

The error message I get when trying to browse the net is:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later".

I just get a big fat red cross when trying to send mails.

Any ideas anyone - it's driving me nuts!

Many thanks in advance

Gillyd

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: No connectivity when not connected to PC??

Quote Originally Posted by gillyd
    Hi Everyone!

When my BB is connected to my pc, I can Browse, Send and Recieve emails. As soon as I detach it, I can't do any of the things I just mentioned. In order to get connectivity again, I have to reboot (flip the battery out) then resync...

The error message I get when trying to browse the net is:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later".

I just get a big fat red cross when trying to send mails.

Any ideas anyone - it's driving me nuts!

Many thanks in advance

Gillyd
    WOW that is a little odd. Do you have uper case EDGE or GPRS? If so go into the options, advanced options, host routing table, click the trackwheel and select register now. This will get you reregistered with RIM. Also I am asuming you have a BB data plan, Right?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Are you on BIS and have your DM set up as a BES/Redirector?

gillyd no está en línea Stack level 2

Firstly, thanks for your response. I did as you suggested and got registration for wireless email. I rebooted and tried sending a mail detached from my pc - no joy. I connected to my pc, resync'd, tried sending a mail - bingo - worked first time. Sorry don't know what BB data plan is. I'm a corporate user running on a BES somewhere in Switzerland - this hasn't always been the case, I have been able to send and receive mails off-line in the past - this has only started happening recently and it's not affecting any of my co workers. As far as local support goes, they say my profile's ok and nothing has changed?? Strange or what?

Gillyd

rich2468 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I take it from your BB model that you are probably a Verizon customer, like myself. I had similiar problems a couple weeks ago...but my issue began as data connectivity problems and quickly progressing to loss of voice. I was within sight of 2 cell towers, but could not make a data connection. The only way I could send or receive email or web was if the phone was teethered to an internet connected PC. When untrethered I could not receive updated service books...and eventually not even make a call.

The whole failure happened over what seemed to be the course of a couple of days. What was strange was that I had just used the phone on a business trip as my primary Internet connection (teethered) while I traveled. The connection speeds were great- I even steamed iTunes radio while working. As soon as I returned to my home though, the BB would not make a data connection and quickly lost the ability to connect for phone calls.

I ended up having Verizon swap my 7130e for a new unit (under insurance), but never found out what the exact problem was. I assumed hardware failure, but it was awefully strange to occur only a day after experiencing the best data connection speed I'd ever seen.

I've heard that Verizon's "
    "unlimited" add on teethered Internet access does have limits. I wonder if my 7130's "failure" was the result of exceeding that limit?