I have a 7100i with Nextel service and I know that the phone has the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ohheyitsharry no está en línea Stack level 1

No Browser Option

Advertisement

I have a 7100i with Nextel service and I know that the phone has the unlimited blackberry data plan but I can't find an option for a browser. It doesn't seem to be on the phone at all.

Any idea how to get it on there?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: No Browser Option

If you just got the data ftr added on it can take 24-48 hrs to activate. Try this , go to options, advanced options, host routing table, press track ball/wheel and register now. if that does not work try to pull battery with phone still on. If that does not work you just have to wait for the BB server to set you up.

When I attempt to register now, it tells me that registration message is queued. It will be sent once data coverage is available.

Am I right in assuming that Nextel hasn't updated the data plan on the phone?

I also forgot to mention that I did data plan on Wednesday (5/2) and being that it is Friday (5/4) I would expect it to be up by now.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

if it says it has been queued then either they have not added feature at Nextel or it has not gotten set up on BB server. I would call nextel and have them fix it by getting you registered on BB server, assuming they actually added the feature in the first place.

serb92 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok i bought a blackberry 7100 unlocked. I got a fido account and everything works great but their is no browser. I asked fido about this and they send me the following:

Please understand that we are unable to provide technical support for equipment-related issues unless you are using a Fido handset or other Fido equipment.

After you have configured your handset for GPRS and WAP use, you should be able to use our data services. Again, if your handset has not been provided to you by Fido, we cannot guarantee that data services will function properly, even in cases where the voice service functions well.

We have provided below, the information required to set up the service on your handset, though you will likely have to refer to your handset's User Guide for more information on how and where in the menu system to input this information.

You will need to enter the following settings:

General WAP settings:

* APN : (wap.fido.ca)
    * IP Address: 205.151.011.011
    * WAP Home Page: wap.fido.ca
    * User Name: fido
    * Password: fido

General GPRS/EDGE settings:

* APN : internet.fido.ca
    * User Name: fido
    * Password: fido
    * Dial-up Access: *99# (for Sony Ericsson handsets, use *99***CID#)

Domain Name System (DNS):

* Primary: 204.92.15.211
    * Secondary: 204.92.15.212

Your questions and comments are always of great importance to us.

I dont know how to set that up on my BB, PLEASE HELP!!!