Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I stop the blackberry from changing the first letter when typing to a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mcss no está en línea Stack level 1

Nextel 7100i Capitolizing first letter...help

Advertisement

How do I stop the blackberry from changing the first letter when typing to a cap. I am attempting to enter case sensitive usernames/passwords, and no matter what I try, in both typing methods, once I type the full name/pw, the first letter goes caps. Any help would be appeciated. Thanks!

Ben

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Nextel 7100i Capitolizing first letter...help

If you are set to suretype then the first letter will always capital, at least I think! Try switching to multi-tap. And by the way..welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Thank you for the welcome. Multi tap is also making the first letter capital. Wish it was that simple

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Oh boy, I know if you hold down the key while in multi-tap it will make the letter capitalize, how bout holding it down to make it lowercase? Also, what are you trying to access? Are you typing a message, putting your username in on a website? What if you try to log into your Password Keeper, if you have that on your BB, does it do the same thing? I have the same phone and have never had that problem. Let me know

right now I am trying to use it on mdip SSH, but I have had the same problem on other applications I have installed. What happens is this. First I enter the name in multi tap as john. Once I navigate to enter my password, the name instantly becomes John. It types the word in lowercase, but once you change to the next field, it becomes a cap

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you tried to pull the battery, hold the power button down for 30 seconds and replace battery? If that doesnt work Im not sure what else to do. Someone may have had the same experience as you, we will see.

What does that do?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

It resets your phone, doesnt erase any information, but it seems to refresh your BB.

ive talked to other guys here at work now, we all seem to want to know how to disable this autocap feature...this issue is being seen on both the 7100 and the 7520

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ill ask around, but Ill admit, Ive had this thing for a year and never seen that. Not sure how much help Im gonna be. Good luck, let us know if you find the answer. cya

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Happens to me no matter what I do, on OS 3.8, 4.0, and 4.1, on both 7100 and 7130.

The only way around it I have found is this:

If the first letter you want is m, then type it twice. When you move out of that field, it will auto "correct" to Mm. Use the scroll-by-character (ALT + scroll) to go to the beginning of the field to the M, then delete it and scroll out of the field without hitting enter. This is the only way, I have found, to not have the first character as uppercase.

Unless you try adding the username or password to your AutoText list. But I've not tried that yet.

That sort of did work for one time use, but wow thats horrible...I cant imagine we have to go through that every time...there has to be a better way!

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

actually is pretty simple when u start the word let it change the first letter to upper case the just press backspace and write the same letter again it will not correct it...
    i do this using multitap can't tell if it works in suretype

Tried that, in most programs, every time I delete and retype, in multi tap, it still just keeps recapping the letter...this is so frustrating, it should be a simple switch.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm not familiar with the 7100 phones but with my 7520, if I don't want something to be in cap, all I have to do is backspace and it changes to lower case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast