At our Company we support large numbers of Blackberrries, primarily from T-mobile. Models vary from ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

CLLCLL no está en línea Stack level 1

Nextel 7100i - Battery issue (is this true?)

Advertisement

At our Company we support large numbers of Blackberrries, primarily from T-mobile. Models vary from 7230, 7290, 7105 and 8700's, and we've seen some strange issues on occasion, but nothing like what happened with a 7100i. We just got someone that purchased a Nextel 7100i and have been through 2 different devices trying to resolve a a reset error that comes up on the screen (not positive about the error number...423 maybe?). Turns out this comes up when the battery is drained all the way down to nothing. the only way to get rid of the error is to take it in to a Nextel Service center for some type of resetting (or so we have been told by our Nextel Rep.). If this is true, this is a hideous bug in the devices firmware, can anyone else confirm or deny this issue. Seems too dumb to be true!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Nextel 7100i - Battery issue (is this true?)

I'm a telus Rep in Canada and never heard of this problem with the 7100i but never tried it on a BES
    Maybe someone else will help you better than me

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i get an error. Mostly when I do a hard reset.(pullin the battery out and loading back up). Could this cause the same **** down error?

goobah no está en línea Stack level 3

i let my bat drain over the weekend cuz i left my charger at work, and when i plugged in my cig lighter 2 days after it drained, i wouldnt start back up for about 3 hours.
    so i think if you let it drain all the way and it sits, you will have to do a complete charge to get it going again.............
    .......maybe

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by CLLCLL
    Turns out this comes up when the battery is drained all the way down to nothing.
    Have him/her stop letting it die.

Never heard of that issue, I have drained mine on purpose, to see how long it lasted, and it took 3 days for it to die. If you are not getting 12-18 hours out of it with higher than average usage then get a new battery.

CLLCLL no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Nextel 7100i - Battery issue (is this true?)

Thanks for the input everybody! Apparently this was a firmware issue. He did have to take it to a Nextel Service Facility and they did a firmware upgrade, and it has corrected the issue. I'm not sure of the version that he had, but from what they told him, he's not the only one that has had this happen. So, I guess the lesson we learned is if you do get a reset error after a complete drain of the battery, don't waste hours on tech support with Nextel, just take it in.