Hi guys, I wanna upgrade from my 7520 to a 7100i. Will I have to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Ryanlabe no está en línea Stack level 1

Nextel 7100i

Advertisement

Hi guys, I wanna upgrade from my 7520 to a 7100i. Will I have to unlock the 7100i from Nextel in order for it to work with my Telus sim card. If so, will this cost me or can I just get teh code and do it myself. I already tried calling Nextel for it and the tech had no idea what I was talking about. Thx in advance.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Nextel 7100i

Yes you'll have to have it unlock.... But why don't you just buy it from Telus ?
    And Nextell will unlock it for you if you're a Nextel user
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Ryanlabe no está en línea Stack level 1

Cause I"ll pay no less than 300 dollars cnd for a telus branded unit where as I can get one Nextel for half that. I even found some nextel ones already unlocked, and the price is much better.

Also, you have to remember that I'm no eligible for a replacement BB for another 2yrs since my company got into a contract with the 7520's.

So having said that then, what's the best bet for unlocking these things?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Nextel customer care can give you a subsidy lock code for your BB. I stress can because if the phone isnt activated on a Nextel account they do not have to do so.

There is a 50% chance you can just swap your sim card and be fine, I have seen that a bunch of times.

Also you have explained your situation well, and said there were some 7100i's unlocked you were looking at, get that one. It will be easier that accumulating an unlock code.

j4cks0n no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys im new here and im new to the blackberry also i have a 7100i and was just wondering where i could download themes from thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by j4cks0n View Post
    hey guys im new here and im new to the blackberry also i have a 7100i and was just wondering where i could download themes from thanks
    Nice threadjack for you 1st post,
    First check this link for some guidelines
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ewpost&t=53968

Then check this one, there are sticky sections at the top for particular BlackBerry models.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...allpapers.html

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just my 2 cents, but my first BB was a 7100i and I HATED it! It was also with nexthell. I am so so glad that I didn't let my first impression change my opinion of BB's. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I don't even reccommend getting a 7100i at all.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by rogernmonica View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just my 2 cents, but my first BB was a 7100i and I HATED it! It was also with nexthell. I am so so glad that I didn't let my first impression change my opinion of BB's. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I don't even reccommend getting a 7100i at all.

Thanks for you opinion.

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rogernmonica View Post
    If you use nextel the 7100i is the better blackberry if you can deal with suretype as it is smaller and better looking then the 7520.

also on the OP problem i would try real hard to get nextel to unlock it because i know of no 3rd party unlockers for the nextel blackberry and if i don't know of one there probably isnt one.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    Once again, thx for YOUR opinion. i actually love my 7100i. I get the best of both worlds, a bb phone with ptt. I dont need all of the stuff thats missing compared to the curves. so i wouldnt trade mine in fot the world right now.