Hey all, I recently ran over my Samsung D807 and I picked up a brand ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

sixdubr no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie with 7100g

Advertisement

Hey all, I recently ran over my Samsung D807 and I picked up a brand new 7100g for next to nothing where I work since it was laying around, I dont have a data plan or anything and I am basically just using the BB as a regular cell phone, I was wondering how I could load custom wallpapers and possibly ringtones without using the internet or email on my phone since I do not want to pay for the extra charges. Can I use my wireless internet at home and not pay any extra on my cell bill? I really dont know anything about these yet so please help me out, Also is there any way to re-arrange the home icons to different spots?
    Last edited by sixdubr; 03-24-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Newbie with 7100g

Quote Originally Posted by sixdubr
    Hey all, I recently ran over my Samsung D807 and I picked up a brand new 7100g for next to nothing where I work since it was laying around, I dont have a data plan or anything and I am basically just using the BB as a regular cell phone, I was wondering how I could load custom wallpapers and possibly ringtones without using the internet or email on my phone since I do not want to pay for the extra charges. Can I use my wireless internet at home and not pay any extra on my cell bill? I really dont know anything about these yet so please help me out, Also is there any way to re-arrange the home icons to different spots?
    Unfortunately you won't be able to connect to your wireless internet at home, since the Blackberry itself doesn't have compatability to connect to a wireless router if that's what you were implying. As for getting ringtones and wallpapers without having a data plan, I don't think it's possible. I know that you can download themes with a bit of tweaking via Desktop Manager, although I'm not to sure how to fully get it working myself. I'm sure that there are definitely some tutorials here on the forums regarding themes/wallpapers.

Hope that helps a bit.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

aimami no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Newbie with 7100g

To move an icon - highlight the icon, hold down the ALT key and click the scroll wheel, select move application.