Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wooohooooo... i love to be added!!!... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Newbie that has Enterprise Activate Question?

Advertisement

wooohooooo... i love to be added!!!

tanjscott no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I got it squared away I guess.I called into the Data/PDA center and just told them I needed to reset my account.The Rep asked for my phone# and PIN.She gave me the user name soon after.When I told her I wanted to delete the user name to come up with a new one she was asking but you just activated why you want to do that then she asked did I update the phone.I didn't want to mess myself up so I said nevermind.

I really need to change my user name cause its the previous owner.I erased the emails as well it was only 2.I'm wondering now shouldn't it be cool to call in again and ask them to reset it to where I can put a new user name?
    Tangie

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Of course, now that you have all the info to let you in. I would first log in and see if you can create an email address, depending on which version of BIS there may not be one. Then all you have to do is deal with the previous users login and you can create a new email address. If there is one already you must call them back like you mentioned and ask to erase the name because you dont like it!

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

I would not attempt to set up anything under the previous user's account out of courtesy to that person. You need to call customer care and tell them that you purchased the phone from the previous user off of eBay and need to update your account with the new hardware information and create a new Blackberry Internet Service account. Truth be told the previous owner of the device did himself a disservice by not calling Cingular to remove the IMEI of that device from his line of service. I have seen some pretty ugly account mishaps all due to the wrong IMEI being on the wrong account.
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

PIN/ID

Yeah it gave me no choice but to update it to 2.0.I feel uncomfortable using someone elses user info.I'll call them again tomorrow and tell them more in depth about whats going on to get it deleted.

Thanks to both of you.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Your welcome. FYI, when in BIS you can change handset information so the previous users phone is not in any way associated to your new email address. Therefore, you would only be using the unique username the previous user set-up, but your own phone and email address would be set up. Good luck tomorrow.

PIN/ID

Hey I got them to delete it.The rep was awesome he walked me through everything.I told him that I wanted a new user name.He just informed me that all emails and addy would be deleted,he got me to take my battery out and create a new account.I have a clean slate.Now I can enjoy my bb.I hope what has happened to me can help others.Thanks CP for sticking by me through all of this.Also to the others who put their input in as well.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12