Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone I hope i'm in the right place.Anyway,I purchased a 7100g off ebay.I've updated ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tanjscott no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Newbie that has Enterprise Activate Question?

Advertisement

Hello everyone I hope i'm in the right place.Anyway,I purchased a 7100g off ebay.I've updated it to the 4.1.I also got a BB data plan as well.Now the problem is is that I can't activate it cause because its a used phone of course it has an existing account.

I've gotten the password sent but thats it.I dont' know who to talk to cause while at Cingular the sales lady was like all I need to is activate the account and I told her I bought it used and she told me to call BB?Can someone please tell me if there's a chance I can straighten this out I really want to add my email accounts.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Newbie that has Enterprise Activate Question?

It has an existing BIS or BES account. If its BIS all you do is call customer care and have them remove it from the previous webclient, not sure when its BES. Are you trying to activate your BB through BES or BIS? Calling BlackBerry (RIM) will get you nowhere.

PIN/ID

Thats the thing I don't know which one its tied to.I want to use it as BIS.Looks like i'm out of luck.I've been hesitate when calling BB cause as you've predicted I don't think they would help me.When I upgrade next time i'll be the first user I can't deal with stuff like this.

Tan

PIN/ID
    3056468b

It should be quite simple, call your carriers BB department, tell them you need to set up a BIS account, and when they say well your device is already registered say you need to have it unregistered so you can create a new email address. You need to be few with words when you talk to customer care. Dont tell them anything unless they ask. Say I need my account set up, and thats it. Each carrier should have a special BlackBerry department. For instance, if you call Nextel customer care and ask about a BlackBerry, the response very well may be "Umm, whats a BlackBerry?"! You prolly talked to a regular customer care rep that couldnt help you. Good luck and let us know!

PIN/ID

Oh ok I got you.I tried calling Cingulars Data/PDA line and it was closed.I'll try them.I've had to do that in the past for a copy of W-2's for the college I go to.Long story i'll let ya'll know what happens.Thanks a bunch for the info.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Your welcome, let me know if I can help. I have a few Cingular friends that are employees. Hey, this guy is a Cingular Rep, maybe he can help? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=4527

PIN/ID

Wow thanks for that.Maybe he can help me.I am a business customer but only cause we are military.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    3056468b

No problem. I have had the account already established stuff happen tons of times, and its always corrected with one phone call, so I do believe you have been calling the wrong department. Good luck tomorrow and please keep us posted.

Oh, and you originally said you had a password and your thread reads Enterprise Activation, but BIS does not require a password for Enterprise Activation. So, are you trying to set up your own emails, Yahoo or Gmail, or are you trying to set up a work email, your companies own domain?

PIN/ID

I'm trying to set up my personal emails.You gotta excuse me I'm learning.You know when you try to login to the Cingular/Blackberry logon it gives you the option to login or create well thats how I got the password sent to me.I just don't know the username.So what I'm saying is that the previous owners password was sent to me.
    Tangie

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I understand, and please dont apologize , we are all noobies is certain areas! Ok, then tomorrow, or today for that matter, please call customer care and get someone who specializes in BlackBerry and have them reset you, and you will be good to go. If you need anymore help feel free to pin me!

PIN/ID

Ok thanks sorry i'm a nightowl,lol.
    Tangie

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

i wish i could help but i know nothing about BES... but i am also a night owl... LOL

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Oh Im not going to bed! Im working on some more themes for 7100 series!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

send me something good!

PIN/ID

Hey Stacey I just added you.
    Tangie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast