My Telus rep gave me a loner 7100i to use for a couple of weeks ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jsprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ?

newbie goin nuts w outlook contacts!!

Advertisement

My Telus rep gave me a loner 7100i to use for a couple of weeks with desktop manager v 4.1.0.10. Two of my emails accounts are going there, with hotmail access also. No probs. Just like a any dealer, it's free 'til they get you hooked . Great device.

In my Outlook (9.0.0.2711) contacts, I have subfolders of 30 or 40 companies I deal with. In each of those folders are an average of 4 individuals with whom I deal. I can't seem to get them into the damn BB!I've been lurking here for a few days, scoured the web for fixes, and I'm no further ahead. Am I going to have to admit defeat...why is this so difficult? My account rep has a tech working on this now (he says), and so far nothing.

I'm already addicted and needing help. Please. The Robin William's suite at The Betty Ford Clinic is next...

MORTGAGESAVE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A4C37E
    Good luck JsPrat I have the 7100I also and have had a similar problem with the blackberry not reading my "Business Contacts" since I am using Outlook Business Contact manager .. Are you using Outlook Business Contact Manager? or the standard Oulook contacts?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jsprat, Welcome to PinStack.

I don't think Desktop Manager will sync with anything but the main contacts folder in Outlook. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would second what RC has said.

Try making a second Outlook profile (or backing up your current profile in Outlook), then move all your individual contact cards to the main Contacts folder.

Then sync.

That should work for you.

If it does, and you want quick searching by filtering for company name (or however you currently have your Outlook folders setup), use Categories. BlackBerry does categories quite well and will filter Address Book view by category with just a couple of TrackWheel clicks.

Let us know if this works for you.

jsprat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ?

Thanks

Thanks, I will give that a try. Perhaps I should also keep my eyes open for another device?