I just got my 7100i three days ago and am completely stoked on it so ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

sonofbum no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40117ea1

newbee needs help

Advertisement

I just got my 7100i three days ago and am completely stoked on it so far. But i came across one thing today i cant figure out for the life of me. I cant get any sound out of it when people call it only vibrates and i have it set to vibrate with tone. but even when i got to change the volume or try a different tone i get no sound sample from the phone. but it rang the first 2 days i had it. and whenever i use the ptt button is still beeps and vibrates. just no sound on anything else voicemails, phone calls, mms'es. anybody? im lost

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: newbee needs help

Since it rang the first couple days; I'm guessing you accidently held the # key down for 3 seconds and switched to a different profile. Make sure your on the loud profile, and that the volume is up (which it should be, if you didn't go into the profiles and change stuff).

You can switch between the last 2 used profiles by holding the # key.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

PIN/ID
    40117ea1

yeah iv'e tried profiles a few times thats when i try changing from vibrate to vibrate+tone to tone and the whole time i change it doesnt make a sound. and i didnt know about the # key but it didnt work for me thanks though. and i also have only changed the profile once from normal to loud

cpufixr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BE346

Quote Originally Posted by sonofbum
    yeah iv'e tried profiles a few times thats when i try changing from vibrate to vibrate+tone to tone and the whole time i change it doesnt make a sound. and i didnt know about the # key but it didnt work for me thanks though. and i also have only changed the profile once from normal to loud
    If you edit a profile and change the ring can you hear it then as a preview?
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346

PIN/ID
    40117ea1

nope cant even preveiw the sounds. i read this in the manual

"Set Default Call Volume

In the phone options, click general options. Set the Default Call volume feild. Click the trackwheel. Click Save."

I dont have a general options in my options? could this have something to do with it?

PIN/ID
    203BE346

nope cant even preveiw the sounds. i read this in the manual

"Set Default Call Volume

In the phone options, click general options. Set the Default Call volume feild. Click the trackwheel. Click Save."

I dont have a general options in my options? could this have something to do with it?
    Different OS versions and Themes will call things slightly different. First I would take the battery out for a few min to let it reboot. Then, I would try to do a Wipe (Option from the Security menu) - it will erase all user data and settings. If that doesn't help you can do a complete OS reload. Other posts go over that or I can walk you through it sometime.
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346

PIN/ID
    40117ea1

have you had this problem before? (phone still rebooting)

PIN/ID
    40117ea1

Smile Re: newbee needs help

Thanx cpufixr the security wipe did the trick dunno what the hell happened but thank you so much

PIN/ID
    203BE346

have you had this problem before? (phone still rebooting)
    No. I have had other odd things happen on my old 7100t that required a OS reload. You said the 7100i is new to you, did you get it new (under warrantee, can you get it swapped?) or it is a used one? If you can I would exchange it. If you can't then I'd wipe it using javaloader and reload the OS.
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346

PIN/ID
    203BE346

Thanx cpufixr the security wipe did the trick dunno what the hell happened but thank you so much
    Great, good luck. Make sure you resend yourself the service books from your provider's BIS web site or call a CS rep to do it - other wise you may not get new email and wont be able to send email.
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346