Hello to all ! I just got my 7105t last week. I found this site ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Rich95610 no está en línea Stack level 1

New user and tired of searching for answers

Advertisement

Hello to all !

I just got my 7105t last week. I found this site shortly after that and I have been searching the archives ever since. I have some questions and I know the answers are here but i can't find them.
    1) how do i down load and run new applications? I have the data plan.
    2) does question #1 cover downloading themes and ring tones, pictures.
    3) can this phone play music.

Thanks for any advice you can offer
    Rich

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New user and tired of searching for answers

Hello Richard and Welcome to the Stacks!

1) Unless you download a program through your BB's browser (OTA), you need to use the download manager on your PC's desktop.
    2) Themes, ringtones, pics, etc can be downloaded either OTA or through the Download Manager.
    3) Not sure on the type of music files your BB can play. Someone will fill you in on that.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rich95610 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the welcome and for all your advice. These phones seem pretty complicated at first, but I'm sure once I've used it for a while and with help from you all i will figure it out.
    I downloaded the 4.2 desk top and my bb is running 4.1 I get an error when i try the media manager "verify that the bb is using 4.2 or later" Is it possible to upgrade the bb to 4.2?

One more Question - I messing around and added a new email address to the @tmoblackberry.net and now I want to change it. easy to add - once added, hard to change. Any ideas ?

Thanks again
    Rich

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

No you can'T use media manager this is designed to be used with a 8100 pearl you'll need to use the app loader option...
    And like it was said for the ringer you need to go to these sites with the BB browser to load it
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Rich95610, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with these Questions or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

4moorekids no está en línea Stack level 1

I totally understand your frustration!!! I have had this bb for 1m now and just found out i needed a data plan. was not informed of this at the store!!! i guess there is no way around the d/p if i want to send/recv. email......

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok is it just me or is this site getting ever so complicated to find things? And everytime I sign on and look at new posts its the same garbage. Sure I can sympathize with and don't mind helping new persons who recently puchased a blackberry with a question, but I am really tired of the loops you have to go through to find information. Perhaps there is too much useless info that should be removed from the database. For instance if I type in "latest OS for 8830" there is information but nothing about anything new for the latest OS for 8830. If what I have is the latest OS then someone should say " This is the latest OS available for the 8830 as of this date". period

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jpl ^^ all the LATEST information regarding the bb's are normally stickied in their respective forum...

i haven't seen a thread with the latest 8830 OS...at least not in the past few weeks. as moderators we try to sticky the useful information and combine repetitive threads...to keep the new posts as up to date as possible.

with the majority of new stackers being pearl and 83xx owners, the 88xx forum doesn't get as much attention

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._handheld.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rizon_4_a.html

those are the two threads that i can find, and cannot confirm that the verizon version is in fact the latest. if it is higher than your current, then that would be the obvious...