Hi i am new, just got my 7130e and loving it! Questions: 1. From what ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

zore no está en línea Stack level 1

New to this forum and blackberry 7130e

Advertisement

Hi i am new, just got my 7130e and loving it!

Questions:

1. From what i understand there is no way to ' drag and drop ' mp3 files to my blackberry with my computer I can only emailthem to myself or download them. Is there a specific bit rate/ length that the mp3's must adhear to ( for ring tones)?

2. There is no video player for this model ( yet ) is there one in development?

3. Where can i find software to make bb friendly websites ? I am a web developer and would love to get into this field. I currently use dreamweaver 8.

4. I understand that the blackberry is java friendly. does this mean that it fully supports Java?

Thanks in advance and love the site.

Zore

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: New to this forum and blackberry 7130e

Welcome to the Stacks Zore.

I'll try and answer at least one of your questions. I had the 7130e for about 2 months...

1. You're correct...there is no functionality for drag & drop using the DM for the 7130e. I believe that is reserved (for the time being) for the 8100.

Not to sure about the video player, but if you do a search within the Stacks for "video player" I am sure you'll get more concrete information on that subject!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Welcome aboard!

timluff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3013FC64

Welcome zore! There is no video player yet for the 7130e. I asked that myself less than a week ago. To answer your java question, it is supported but you'll have to go into your advanced options to enable it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

zore, Welcome to PinStack.

3. Where can i find software to make bb friendly websites ? I am a web developer and would love to get into this field. I currently use dreamweaver 8.

4. I understand that the blackberry is java friendly. does this mean that it fully supports Java?
    As to the Blackberry Friendly website development, you might want to check out the Plazmic Content Development Kit. Plazmic is the graphic development and support subsidary of RIM. You can find more information about it on the Plazmic website.

As to the BB fully supporting Java, I'm not sure what you mean, but for the recent BB devices, all the apps are created using Java. RIM has a Blackberry Java Development Environment download that works with the Sun J2SE Software Development Kit for developing Applications for the BB devices.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack zore. Let us know if we can help you any further.

zore no está en línea Stack level 1

Great thanks for the help.. this blackberry has really opened my eyes to the possibliltes of application development for mobile devices.. Im addicted...

I also have a question about bb messenger.. what is that and what makes it different than say yahoo messnger ?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by zore
    Great thanks for the help.. this blackberry has really opened my eyes to the possibliltes of application development for mobile devices.. Im addicted...

I also have a question about bb messenger.. what is that and what makes it different than say yahoo messnger ?
    Hi zore, welcome to Pinstack.

Here is the short explanation: http://www.blackberry.com/messenger/entry.do

hope this helps?