I just got a 7105t off Ebay. The owner apparently didn't know about the Wipe ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

minameismud no está en línea Stack level 1

New (to me) 7105t only 6 megs free?!

Advertisement

I just got a 7105t off Ebay. The owner apparently didn't know about the Wipe Handheld function (which I found after about 20 minutes of perusing the settings), and he left stuff on it, such as call logs, speed dial numbers, and a few calendar events. I was able to clear all that, but the BB still shows only 6 megs free of 29 (32 - formatting?) available. I checked the pictures app and it only had what looked like some default pics in it. If I view the Database Sizes, it shows a total size of only 130.6k. Is this normal for an otherwise clean 7105t?

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

Re: New (to me) 7105t only 6 megs free?!

welcome to this forum and now follow
    1/push lglg and you get log push on clear log.
    2/go to settings and into auto text and delete them all i find it not useful
    3/go into settings and look for security options look for certificates and if you are not working for the army or the goverment delete them all you not need them
    after all this made a hard reset by shutting down take off the battery push at least 30 sec on power
    and let me know whats happand

Quote Originally Posted by ohad_129
    1/push lglg and you get log push on clear log.
    What? I pushed "lglg" (which is the "L" key, followed by the "5/G/H" key, and repeat), and all it did was try to dial 5p5.

I cleared the AutoText and Custom Wordlist and my free space went from 6.2 megs to 6.4 megs. There are 35 certificates, and if I try to delete any of them, I get "The following application is requesting access to your Trusted Key Store. Please enter your key store password." This is probably something I need to get from the seller of this phone, right?

PIN/ID
    237be374

what i mean to push lglg is to push on the left button with the 2 arrows (down on the left )and while you push do lglg the a screen will prompet then wipe it out
    about the certificates i did it without to ask permmition from the seller as i remmber i push on the trackwheel and then you can find wipe and permit it

PIN/ID
    237be374

and do not forget the hard reset!!!!! after you do it go into status and find out how much space you free

Ah...you know, those are probably some of the more cryptic logs I've read in a while. Thanks! Didn't clear much space though.

Figures, though, right after I ask the question, I dig far enough to find an answer myself. I'd post the link, but I'm apparently a n00b, and n00bs aren't allowed to post links. (admins: good link filtering code, btw) The title of the post is "Free up 5-10 MEGS of space!!!!!!! Really!" and it's in the BB 8100 section of this forum.

I've already got stuff on my BB (contacts, calendar, programs, etc.) so I'll save wiping for if the seller can't get me the password. Thanks ohad!

PIN/ID
    237be374

your are not noob becouse everyone have to start
    but you can also look for massages or call logs and wipe them
    and if its not enogh do the last thing you can do backup and wipe your hdevice and then upload the new os version