I will be getting my new BB 7100 tomorrow and I need to trannsfer my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

wcc18999 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Convert Needs Help

Advertisement

I will be getting my new BB 7100 tomorrow and I need to trannsfer my Treo 650 Calendar, contacts, memos etc. to the new BB. Are there any issues I need to be aware of? Thanks for the information.

KChuck no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: New Convert Needs Help

Hi wcc, welcome. Haven't used Treo before, not sure if it's Palm OS, if yes, it's painless. Just sync your Treo data in computer first and then make sure you have the version 4.2 (or above) BB Desktop Manager (DM) which contains a "Switch Device Wizard" doing the switch flawlessly. The only drawback is that all your information in custom fields of Datebook will be placed in other fields (in User1..2..3..and 4 fields etc). It may be a workaround by changing the User fields in you new BB first, though I haven't tried it, I just let them in the User fields.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

wcc18999, Welcome to PinStack

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

wcc18999 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your assistance Kchuck and the welcome Rcbjr

zero no está en línea Stack level 1

wcc,

I'm also a very recent treo 650 convert. After six years on palm OS (2 on the treo) and a week on my Pearl, I'm about to switch back - mostly because the 'Switch Device Wizard' doesn't work for me. It opens my palm desktop software, gives a dialogue box titled "Calendar" and says 'starting translation' but never gets past seven bars on the progress meter, even if I let it run over night.

Did you ever get your switch device wizard to work? Between this (most important issue - I'm just not manually transferring all the info for 750 contacts into the pearl!), the fact that you can't separate email from SMS, no threaded sms and the totally weak calendar - I'm really left wondering what people really think is so great about BB other than the form factor and push email (which can btw be arranged on treos, as you probably know).

I'm feeling like I took a big downgrade here. Any advice?!

corean80 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20505e5c

I am not sure if this will help but......i transfered all my PIM on my PDA which was on palm OS to my BB 7100I using SYNC on BB desktop manager...i used import option and it worked fine.....all my calendar,contacts, memos are udpated on my BB....

zero no está en línea Stack level 1

Since I was originally using the Palm Desktop, I ended up installing the Outlook conduit (which I had to dig out my treo 650 CD to do), syncing to Outlook, then syncing the Pearl to Outlook, which worked to get my contacts & calendar into the Pearl.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

zero, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for sharing your experience and success with us. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles