Hey guys, I'm brand new to this blackberry thing (by a few hours). My father ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

RevJonathan no está en línea Stack level 1

New Blackbeery user, wiped phone, now going crazy

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    I'm brand new to this blackberry thing (by a few hours). My father just got a t-mobile dash, and gave me his 7105t. I wiped the device as soon as I got it for a fresh start. I then went to the t-mobile site and downloaded the update. Now, the browser is gone and so is my e-mail configuration abilities. I try and reload it from the desktop program, but it says it already exists. I've installed opera, but I don't have e-mail! Help me please!
    Thanks,
    Rev

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

Re: New Blackbeery user, wiped phone, now going crazy

i would go to previous version of the OS and run it for a short time to make sure it works then try to upgrade. Also look under the securites optin to see if there and IT policy on it, if the phone was used and came from the internet there is a strong change it does. I would try to remove it than install the latest update if it has one

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Hey Rev,
    Email:
    First, log in to your account on TMo, go about 3/4 way down and on the left side you'll see the link to "Set up Blackberry Email". Click that link, and it will ask you for your email address and password to set up the account to push to your BB. This takes a while to go into effect sometimes, so have patience while TMo sends you the service books. If still nothing after a couple hours you can log back in and resend the service books and when you get them, the mail icons will show up in your BB.

Browser: I assume you have already gotten a data plan with TMo considering you're trying to do the email thing, so I'm guessing you haven't completed the Activation. If you have, then i'm at a loss and I hope someone else can give more insight to you.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Adding to Jade, you've got to have a BlackBerry Data Plan associated with your SIM.

Then register your device with the T Mobile BIS.

Then you will have service books pushed, including browser(s).

But the first and most vital step is the BlackBerry Data Plan, no way around that, if you don't have one, you won't get email or internet browsing.

RevJonathan no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys!
    Turns out, my father had the service and I didn't, so the browser was removed on the next update. I signed up for BIS, and expect it to work within 24 hours.
    Cheers,
    Rev.

P.S. So what cool things can I do with this thing?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

RevJonathan, Welcome to PinStack.

A whole lot of things. What do you want to do? Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome, Rev! Rcbjr is right, (that's why we pay him the big bucks) if you need anything with your BB, this is the place to be.

With your new BB you'll enjoy advanced browser capabilities allowing you to explore the wonders of the world wide web at speeds so fast as to render linear thought impossible! Plus you'll be able to receive your email through an amazing technology called push thru technology developed by the award winning team at research in motion. And you'll be able to do all this from a device that's easy to use and stylish to boot!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b