Hi, I am a three week user of a BB 7130c with Cingular. Got everything ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

chrism_42 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post New BB7130c user looking for surest way to unlock handset

Advertisement

Hi, I am a three week user of a BB 7130c with Cingular. Got everything setup and really enjoying all the features that I didn't have before email, browsing etc. Just wondering what is the most surefire way to go about unlocking the handset ... I travel abroad alot and use other providers when overseas.

Appreciate any help ...

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: New BB7130c user looking for surest way to unlock handset

You can go the route of your carrier and let them know you travel abroad often and need it unlocked. Be insistant.... Sometimes they are unwilling to let the unlock code out of their grasp. lolol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

How much did you pay for your device? If you paid full retail for it (i.e., not a reduced price for entering into a contract), Cingular's policy is that they will unlock it. Call Int'l customer service. They gave me the unlock code over the phone about 3 weeks after I bought my 7130c.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Be warned though, if you unlock and use another SIM, you will only have voice and SMS.

Unless the carrier you are using supports BlackBerry Data, but you likely won't get that on pre-pay.

And then, even if you did, your BlackBerry PIN is registered with Cingular and won't work with another carrier. You would have to release your BB from Cingular, then register with the new carrier for their BIS service. Then switch it all back when you get home.

If you're just wanting voice and SMS, you'll be ok, but if you want email and browsing, you likely won't want the effort required to make it work.

chrism_42 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the help. Just need the voice and SMS so will definitely give them a call.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

chrism_42, Welcome to PinStack.

Cingular has an International Data addon to your regular BB Plan. Don't know exactly how much it is but if you need data and are in an area where Cingular has roaming agreements it's susposably well worth it. Add it before you go then when you get back you can remove it and only pay for that month.

Hope this helps

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles