Is there a way to automtically set the keyboard lock after hanging up from a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

RyVal no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New 7130G - Key Guard Question

Advertisement

Is there a way to automtically set the keyboard lock after hanging up from a phone call. I have it shortcut on my desktop, but want to go into lock mode always when the screen shuts off. This is because I keep it in my pocket and feel like the pre flip phone days where you end up dialing the last number called by mistake when in your pocket driving...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: New 7130G - Key Guard Question

You can set it to lock when you put the BB in the holster, as long as it is a case that has the magnet in it. Choose options, security, general settings, change lock upon holstering to yes.

I realize that you keep it in your pocket, so do I sometimes, but I still keep it in the holster in my pocket.

If you dont want to use the holster idea, then you could set the security timeout to 1, 2 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 or even 60 minutes, so that your BB will lock by itself. But right after a phone call, that would more than likely just be the 1 minute timeout. And that is in the same section as the above mentioned solution.

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

You could also set the convienence key to lock the blackberry. Thats what I needed to do with mine after calling several people from my pocket.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

If you don't want to waste your convience key, if you press and hold down the * key it locks the keypad, it works on the 7100i anyway.