Well, after much posting and discussion on many sites, this and Treo sites, yesterday I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

marsha7 no está en línea Stack level 1

New 7130e User

Advertisement

Well, after much posting and discussion on many sites, this and Treo sites, yesterday I upgraded from my broken Nokia cellphone to a BB 7130e with Verizon Wireless...

On Aug 31, I signed up with an answering service, instead of my voice mail, and they send notification of messages via text messaging...the tiny Nokia screen was quite poor, so I am assuming that the larger screen of the BB will be much better...

I did NOT sign up for a data package, I am only using it as a phone and for the text messaging as described...

I would like to thank all those who have posted for me previously, as you helped me solidify my decision...

Assuming I am smart enough to figure out how this thing works, I am now one of you...

Bob

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: New 7130e User

Welcome to the Stacks. Although you may only want to use your BB as a phone and for text messages, you're missing out on half of the fun of the BlackBerry by not having a data plan. You won't be able to send and receive email, browse the web, send PIN messages, download themes, games, ringtones, and wallpapers without a data plan. If you're away from the PC, you also won't be able to post on here without data.

marsha7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the advice, but at this time, I really just want it for text messaging and the larger screen...I am just not ready yet to be able to call up email and internet, otherwise I may find I am browsing the web at 80 mph, or at work, and either kill myself at high speed or lose my job over my BB...

BTW, for those who receive text messaging, does the screen automatically indicate that a txtmsg has been received, or do I have to manually check it???...this is all new to me...even on my lousy old Nokia phone with brojen buttons, a text msg would beep and the screen would indicate the msg...then, all I did was press one button and pull up the msg, and press same button would delete it...

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Welcome to the Stacks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Welcome!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

There will be a yellow envelope at the top of the screen to indicate a text message. You can also set a notification to vibrate or play a tone to indicate you have received a text.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Welcome to the Stacks Marsha!!!

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to the stacks Marsha!

newbb no está en línea Stack level 2

welcome to the stacks

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    Welcome!!!

bophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

Welcome........

while you may not want internet or email services on your berry yet. i am hoping you will changed you mind in the future. the web capabilities and email are gold on these. Google maps, awsome. Opera mini, awsome. Get my email on my phone without having to go through a billion and a half steps, awsome. i didnt think i would use mine as much as i do. i use it all the time.

-bophus
    Cellular Customer Service = Useless

coldseed no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    There will be a yellow envelope at the top of the screen to indicate a text message. You can also set a notification to vibrate or play a tone to indicate you have received a text.
    How do you that?

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Go into your profiles. You can make all the changes you need to make there.