Hey folks. I've only recently entered the Blackberry world, and I'm loving it so far. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kieran75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2031C54A

Need help with my 7100t

Advertisement

Hey folks. I've only recently entered the Blackberry world, and I'm loving it so far. I just upgraded my old 7230 to a 7100t that I bought on eBay. The phone itself works great. However, the housing isn't entirely secure.

Ultimately, I'd like to replace the housing because it's a bit nicked up, and there is some sort of a oil-slickish, rainbow effect on the outer screen that I haven't been able to remove. It actually looks as though it's on the inside of the outer housing screen. Here is where my problem begins. Apparently, the previous owner tried to remove the housing screws, and stripped all 4 of them. So, my first question is, does anyone know of a way to remove the stripped housing screws?

Second question, if I am able to successfully remove the thoroughly stripped housing screws, where can I find out what size and/or type of screws to replace them with, and where could I buy them?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jacob

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Need help with my 7100t

I have never stripped the screws on bbs even though I have open countless numbers of them. Have you actually tried to use a t-6 screwdriver on your unit? If you have and it just turns without results, try to use a very small flathead and maybe it might catch and turn the screws.

If you dont need your 7230 anymore, you can use those screws.