I just got a 7100t from ebay after not having much success with a 7280. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bbnovice422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need help loading os on a 7100t

Advertisement

I just got a 7100t from ebay after not having much success with a 7280. I'm trying to install the os on it and keep getting errors. When I got it, installed the sim card and charged the battery, it would not initialize. It would flash orange a couple of times, the hour glass would spin approx. 4-5 times, then it would flash korange again and keep repeating. So, I wiped it using JL_Cmder.

I tried to install the os but, it keeps giving me error messages. One was [J0x0000005], I also got 507 error. The latest is "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". It seems like the phone keeps shutting itself down and won't stay on long enough to complete the install.

Any suggestions? Could it be the battery not holding a charge? I've been trying to install the os for the past couple of days with no luck. I did the reset several times with no luck. HELP!!!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Need help loading os on a 7100t

Yeah, I did all of that several times and can't get it to work. It gets to the load Java apps (last step) but, the BB shuts down and I get the J:0x0000005 error. I'm thinking that if I can find a way to keep the BB from shutting off I may be alright. That why I was wondering if it could be the battery or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnovice422
    I just got a 7100t from ebay after not having much success with a 7280. I'm trying to install the os on it and keep getting errors. When I got it, installed the sim card and charged the battery, it would not initialize. It would flash orange a couple of times, the hour glass would spin approx. 4-5 times, then it would flash korange again and keep repeating. So, I wiped it using JL_Cmder.

I tried to install the os but, it keeps giving me error messages. One was [J0x0000005], I also got 507 error. The latest is "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". It seems like the phone keeps shutting itself down and won't stay on long enough to complete the install.

Any suggestions? Could it be the battery not holding a charge? I've been trying to install the os for the past couple of days with no luck. I did the reset several times with no luck. HELP!!!!
    Which OS are you trying to install? It may be that you are trying to install an incompatible OS. The 7100 only takes 4.1 and earlier -- just an idea --

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Which OS are you trying to install? It may be that you are trying to install an incompatible OS. The 7100 only takes 4.1 and earlier -- just an idea --
    I got the 4.1 os from T-Mobile site and erased the vendor.xml. After searching around, I see some referring to the problem as a reset loop (where the BB keeps resetting itself). If I can figure out how to stop it long enough for the os to fully install, I think I would be fine.

I'll keep trying and keep searching and hopefully I can get it figured out. Thanks for all the help so far.

I finally got the os loaded. I opened up the phone (not recommended especially if it's under warranty) and cleaned all of the contacts. I noticed that the battery contacts (where the contacts meet the circuitboard) were a little bent and didn't appear to be touching the circuitboard. So, I straightened them out.

I also deleted all the files that needed to be loaded on the phone and re-installed them just to make sure that they weren't corrupt. Not sure which one did the trick but, one of them worked.