Before i bought an unlocked 7195t, i called my Unicel, my service provider, and they ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

TheDammitMan no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Need help getting online with 7105t

Advertisement

Before i bought an unlocked 7195t, i called my Unicel, my service provider, and they told me that even though they dont dont sell bb's, they could find a way to make it able to get online. well it arrived friday and since then ive spent 5 hrs on the phone with their customer service or in their store. they keep giving me the run around. douche pickles. one of them emailed me the info that needs to be pluged in and he said that would work. however i cant figure it out. this is my first day on pinstack, and my last option. Thank you.

-Mike

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Need help getting online with 7105t

I am not familar with the provider. You have to have BlackBerry data service for it to work, not just your provider's internet or data. What were they telling you to do?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I've never heard of Unicel either, but you do need a data plan to use the internet...

BUT! You can get it on a pre-paid, so maybe give this a try...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...st_mobile.html
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

TheDammitMan, welcome to PinStack. Again another Pinstacker here that is not familiar with unicel, but if they don't have an agreement with RIM, they will not be able to provide you with a Blackberry Data Plan, which is absoluty necessary for access to data services with any Blackberry device. If they do not sell Blackberry devices, they won't have an agreement with RIM and you are out of luck with that carrier.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for your guys' help. They keep telling me to either go in to the local store or that it just wont work, so im confused. this was the email they sent me:

"Mike, here is what you have to do with a Motorola. Put in the correct information and it will work. You might find your settings in different places, but as long as you put this information in exactly as it is below, you will be on the internet.

1. Menu->WebAccess->WebSessions->[New Entry]
    2. Press change on the "Service Name" and change to Unicel Info2go.
    3. Scroll and select “Homepage” and set to WAP homepage wap info2go com/mist30mp/rcc (with . instead of spaces, wont let me post urls since im not a level 2 stacker) and Press Ok
    4. Scroll to "Gateway IP" and change the WAP GW IP address to 63.99.231.135 and press ok
    5. Scroll to "GPRS APN" and change the GPRS APN to apn.unicel.com and press ok
    6. Press done and you'll be returned to the list of web sessions.
    7. Highlight Unicel Info2go and press the menu key
    8. Select as default. "
    Im so confused. I just wish that they would have told me that it wasnt going to work when i asked them. Then i would have gotten the treo since they sell that.

BTW I live in new england, so i dont know if it is just a regional service provider or what. i have been thinking about changing to t-mobile or cingular, but i need to keep the same number, since i have too many clients to remember to give a new number to. does anyone know if either tmob or cingular work up here?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Both should work in New England, depending on which part. And keeping you phone number shouldn't be a problem. Porting is usually pretty seamless nowadays. I suggest you stop by one of the stores for each carrier and ask to see their coverage charts for the areas where you will be spending most of your time on the phone. Then go with which ever has the better coverage.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanks again for all the help. Last question, does anyone know if there is a way to put that information into the phone? like a way to make your own service books? It looks like im going to switch to tmobile if i cant....

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Again, It sounds like your carrier does not provide Blackberry Data Service. If this is true, there is no way you are going to get data services with a Blackberry Device on this carrier. I would ask one last time if they have a Blackberry Data Plan. If the answer is no, you have two choices, get another smartphone and give up the Blackberry advantages, or switch carriers.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer