Good Morning BB users, I have a personal BB 7100i and i accidently added the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Need Help finding policy.bin

Advertisement

Good Morning BB users,

I have a personal BB 7100i and i accidently added the phone to my company BES. I have been trying to remove the IT policy for a while, I checked out the thread, good info but the site that was provided for the IT Policy.bin doesn't exist. The site that was provide was "http"users.tpg.com.au/dan1e1w/files/policy.bin and it doesn't work. Can someone please help me out? Thank you in advance.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Need Help finding policy.bin

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~http://blackberry.ig3.net

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

One more question, If i remove the IT Policy, will that stop me from receiving my company emails on my personal BB? Thanks bartokbatt. I really appreciate it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~After applying this policy you will immediately stop getting company emails. You said it was accidentally connected to their BES so I assume you do not want it connected in the future. If you do want company emails then go see your BES Administrator about what you should do. Once you run this on your home computer all the policies get wiped out and a brand new Enterprise Activation is required to use any BES. If you then recoonect to a BES all the policies get reapplied and anything you were locked out of as a result of your company's policies you will again be locked out of. They may and probably will ask you questions if your Blackberry suddenly has all the policied wide open.

What I gave you is a one-time usage. Assuming you will be on a BES you must undo the registry entry from the article on your home PC if you ever want to sync to your home Outlook or back up the Blackberry at home via Desktop Manager. Then again if you won't use a BES in the future keeing the entry there simply wipes out the policies on a BB that doesn't have any.

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Bartokbatt, you're the man. Good Info and i really appreciate it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~By the way I have been able to skip the whole unit wipe step. Just by having the reg key in place and opening DM the policies were overwritten.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm not a man. I'm a little white bat from the movie Anastasia.

bla5390frd no está en línea Stack level 1

that was very useful for me as well

PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

Well, I tried the suggestion of the blackberry.ig3.net and it did remove the IT Policy setting, but I still can't get my Program that I downloaded to Open and load! I try taking out the Battery out and doing a Hard Reset, but that didn't help. Basically, the firewall cannot be disable.

I want to Thank you for your help!!!!