I'm a happy owner of a BB 7100g. It is supposed that it comes with ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jlromero no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20344ADB

My Kingdom for more memory !

Advertisement

I'm a happy owner of a BB 7100g. It is supposed that it comes with 32 Mb. of RAM, but when I review its state, it says: "Total: 29,491,200 bytes ; free: 8,847,844 bytes". Why do I have less than 32 Mb. (29 Mb.)? Why do I have ONLY 8.8 Mb. free (I have only installed Blackberry Messenger - nothing more). How can I free some memory?

I've snooping around and I see that my carrier (Telcel because I'm from México) have preinstalled support for Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese and a lot of languages that I won't use. I suppose that they use some of my precious RAM. Can I delete them? How can I do that?

Please, help me to find out how to free some more memory.

PIN/ID
    20344ADB

Re: My Kingdom for more memory !

What's up?

No one wants to reply to my post?

Anyone dares?

Anyone?

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4

i think a lot of us are curious to the answer as well... sorry i can not help you.
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

eli
    eli no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201cfd69

Quote Originally Posted by jlromero

I've snooping around and I see that my carrier (Telcel because I'm from México) have preinstalled support for Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese and a lot of languages that I won't use. I suppose that they use some of my precious RAM. Can I delete them? How can I do that?
    You might be able to delete these entries through the BlackBerry Desktop. Select Add/Remove and uncheck the items you don't need.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm also a 32mb owner (7290) File total = 29229056

Your 29,491,200 is actually 28.1250 megabytes

the almost 4Megabytes missing accounts for critical data used to manage/run the blackberry. OS core elements etc. Similar to MS windows on many computers. For example my 60gig notebook drive says 55.9gigs in windows.

Your free space seems a bit low but it depends on the quantity of emails, contacts, calendar etc also. I have 11mb free.

So the 29mb I wouldn't worry to much. As for 8mb free... hmm...

You may want to back up your handheld fully, wipe handheld then do an advanced restore. Let me know if you'd be interested in trying this.
    Last edited by hayden; 11-24-2005 at 11:28 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by eli
    You might be able to delete these entries through the BlackBerry Desktop. Select Add/Remove and uncheck the items you don't need.
    good advice Eli. Yes double check this just incase and esp if you previously removed apps via the app remover on feature on your bb.

PIN/ID
    20344ADB

Well, I will try doing a full backup of my BlackBerry and try to remove the language modules that i don't need. If something goes wrong, I will restore my backup; if I run lucky, I will post here a note with the steps that must be followed in order to have more free memory on the Blackberry. I'm sure that it will be very useful to everybody.

Wish me luck, guys !