Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 Correct. It eventually ends up with a black screen and looks ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: my 7100i got messed up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Correct. It eventually ends up with a black screen and looks horrible. I know someone who just got his 3rd 8700g because the second one did this. My 7105t did this also.
    All black, that is pretty bad... I did it to my 7100g three days out of the box as well. It seems fairly easy to do =).
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by ozrial
    All black, that is pretty bad... I did it to my 7100g three days out of the box as well. It seems fairly easy to do =).
    Same here LOL To make matters even worse, the front of the 7105t is black LMAO

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I need to translate this because its giving me a headache..

Please I need help really bad. I just got my 7100i yesterday and I love it. I wanted to do more things like themes, ringtones, wallpapers and other things. Well I searched it by putting free blackberry themes and it sent me to either this website or another that had free themes. I downloaded it and opened up my manager and uploaded it (I read something like this had happened to someone but mine won't get fixed). Now my phone is messed up. At first it was like orange and was all messed up but I deleted it. And now its like Black and white stick figure icons. I go to an icon that is options that shows you a swiss army knife thing and I go to themes and the only thing it says are bionetic bbinsight-icon flexion and pixelistic, but when I click my trackwheel to change them, it only says close, download theme and delete and nothing else. Please someone help. I'm losing my mind.

Hilarious!!! Love it!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Anyone heard for this person? Was here, asked this question and hasn't logged on since?!

NGolden no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40147bc7

Hi... I downloaded Galactic Pink 7100 on my 7100i and when I try to menu down to the Options, I get to the pictures link and it tells me I have a Sum Error 523. The only option I am given is to reset. Upon Reset, the same thing happens. Any input is great TY. I just got the BB 2 days ago. :cry: Thanks

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hey Ngolden, if im reading your post correct this link will help put you in touch with the people who can help you best.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ight=Error+523

Hope this helps you out.

PIN/ID
    40147bc7

All fixed... TY anyways!

Solution was to load the 4.1 software again.

Again I will ask, is there anyway to know which model these applications and themes are intended for BEFORE I make a mistake again? Any help is great. TY

~ Nicole ~

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Yes i believe it does. Bfore i tried to download them they specified what model. Mines stated 7100i. Never had a problem downloading themes.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Here is a link to a thread that I believe will answer your question Ngolden.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ghlight=themes

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Now as far as apps go. I've found they are mostly safe to install. As long as your not trying to install say an app made for a 4.1 os on a Berry with 4.0. Most all apps I've ran across will say something like, "for handhelds with os 4.0 or newer" or something to that affect. Your best defense is to learn as much as you can before installing.
    I know a lot of the sites I use will post user reviews. This is a good place to look and see if someone has had a problem with that specific app and your model Blackberry. Or you can also look in the Reviews section here on Pinstack. Its got a lot of very good info. Not only that you would be able to contact the person who has used the application.

I hope this can help you out.

PIN/ID
    40147bc7

TY... I am sorry to have to ask this AGAIN, but how can I tell if a particular theme was designed for my model 7100i? There are several 7100X's, so how can I really tell upfront, before downloading the "useless for my 7100i" theme?

And I appreciate the help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im not gonna lie to you, themes are kinda a shady area for me as well. But EricaJ1073 is familiar with the 7100 series Blackberry. If you scroll up, you will find a post in this thread by her. You can click on her handle and send her a pm. Or you can ask Ozrial. He is the theme guru. Im sure either one of them could give you the answer you are seeking.
    I would start by doing a search on Ozrial and reading some of his posts.
    And another person you can talk to is Pentace. I hope I got that handle right. He also knows his stuff when it comes to Blackberry.
    Im sorry I can't answer your theme question better, but if you talk to Oz or Pentace im sure they can. Also Erica.

PIN/ID
    40147bc7

TY.. Will wait to see if any of the above named individuals would like to offer any expertise. In the event they don't, I guess trial and error is my best bet, today anyway!

As you can tell, I am SOOO happy to be here. I have had 2 much fun downloading and experiencing! What a break from A+ Certification Study AGAIN today. Last class starts in 8 hours. I still have time, don't I?

~ Take Care ~

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Hey Ngolden. I have the same model and carrier. I havent had any probs as long as you READ the terms. Most say what models. Like i said they state what series of phone the themes are for.

PIN/ID
    40147bc7

[quote=ENY428]READ the terms. quote]

Where are the Terms? I read all that is available before I download and they usually only say 7100, in the download link. I thought maybe the problem was that the theme was designed for maybe a 7100g, or another 7100X series phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast