I went to the host's instruction site to convert from Suretype to Multi-tap, I believe ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

marsha7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Multi-tap probs

Advertisement

I went to the host's instruction site to convert from Suretype to Multi-tap, I believe (operative word) that I followed it correctly, pressed the "double arrow asterisk" key, and all I did was lock the keyboard...assuming that the BB knows what it is doing and I do NOT know what I am doing, I will assume that I am at fault...what did I do wrong???

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Multi-tap probs

I usually got to a text message reply, click the wheel in, and hit multi tap...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you press and hold '*/>>' key while on the home screen (or likely any screen void of text entry), the keypad will lock. Just as you've discovered.

However, if you're in a screen with text entry, such as a compose message/SMS screen, pressing and holding */>> will display a grey box with ABC in the upper right corner of the screen; this indicates multi-tap mode. (You may also get a pop-up window warning of switching and an explanation of how to switch back.)

Hope that helps!

marsha7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help...I actually stumbled on a section called "Language" and as you click the wheel, it eventually pulls up a screen for SMS (how was I supposed to know that this is "text messaging?"...) and you can set the language for "English, American, multi-tap" so I did...

At age 53, if I live to 100, I may not live long enough to figure out what everything means...