I have several mp3 clips that I would like to get to my BB7130e to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

lmcalpin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question mp3 ringtones

Advertisement

I have several mp3 clips that I would like to get to my BB7130e to use as ringtones. I have tried emailing them to my BB, but am unable to open the attachments, to save the mp3 files.

What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible for me to use these small mp3 clips in this way?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: mp3 ringtones

imcalpin, welcome to the stacks.
    I am sorry I can't help you with your 7130, but wanted to make you feel welcome.
    if there is anything else we can assist you with feel free to ask
    someone should be along shortly to help you
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~On your Blackberry browse to http://www.tuneusin.com. They have a section for your phone. They have tons of ringtones so they may have yours already there.

Good Luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

lmcalpin, Welcome to PinStack.

For your device, the ringtones have to be downloaded from a website. There are several sites that host ringtones for free. Check out Coolservice.de. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

imcalpin, Welcome, I have found a website called www.mobstorage.com. You can upload just about any file and it will assign it a number, then you point your BB browser to wap.mobstorage.com and input the number and can d/l the file to it...give it a try...and its FREE...good luck.
    Michael

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

BigW34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B579E4

Sorry for the really dumb question, but Im in the market for a blackberry and from all the reviews Ive read, I understood the 7130e didnt support Mp3 tones. Thats why I was leaning toward the 8703.

So...Is there a program or something I would need to download to the 7130 to support Mp3 ringtones? Thanks for your help guys!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack Big. I have yet to see a 7130 out of the box that doesnt support mp3's.

PIN/ID
    32B579E4

Thats weird b/c both the employees at Sprint store and on blackberry.com when you compare the two devices it says that only the 8703e is Mp3 compatible for ringtones. The only other issue thats holding me back is whether or not Im going to like the suretype on the 7130...

glitch222 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigW34
    Thats weird b/c both the employees at Sprint store and on blackberry.com when you compare the two devices it says that only the 8703e is Mp3 compatible for ringtones. The only other issue thats holding me back is whether or not Im going to like the suretype on the 7130...
    I have to tell you I switched the default to multitap for the first week and found it pretty easy. I was a bit scared of the suretype when I tried to type in a few email addresses . . After the first week, I was a little more comfortable with the blackberry and switched to the suretype. There is no turning back once you understand how it works. It is much much faster than multitap. Give it a chance, get the odd words that you type in the wordlist (after a few times typing they are there automagically) and you will be good to go!

PIN/ID
    32B579E4

Thanks glitch...I wont be doing alot of emailing back to people since most of the time I have my computer while at work...its only those times when I need to respond while on the road or days off and something comes up. Im sure Ill get used to the suretype after reading numerous threads on here about how it works. I didnt know about multi-tap until 10 min ago, so that was some relief for me right now. Im going to the sprint store right now, so all its going to come down too is the size factor. Im going to hold the two phones in my hand one more time and see which one I could live with more. Considering I wont have to be typing constantly to respond to emails, it looks like Im going to be getting the 7130 as my very first blackberry and PDA for that matter!

Thanks again guys...

PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    32B579E4
    Thanks cp! I did trust you the first time you told me that it played Mp3's, but just found it out that even blackberry doesnt advertise that!

I just got home with my new 8703e! I love it so far, I decided to just get it over the 7130 - which is actually bulkier than the 8703. I found that I really like the full qwerty better and some better features were worth the money. Now Im going to be spending hours trying to figure this phone out. Ive already searched so much crap on here and read at least 50 threads from my searches on different aspects of the phone. I appreciate any knowledge you guys will provide for me later on as a newbie with the BB!

Thanks.

lmcalpin no está en línea Stack level 1

after I upload the songs using mobstorage.com, how do I find them on my phone?