my old 7130e met with an accident, still functional and insurance sent me a replacement.. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

eugien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32ad60cc

Question Migrating from Old BB to new BB ?

Advertisement

my old 7130e met with an accident, still functional and insurance sent me a replacement.. it is currently not activated... I was curious is there a simple way to migrate my phone book, themes and ringtones over to the new one from the old with out some act of god?

any help would be awesome thanks

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Migrating from Old BB to new BB ?

Shouldn't be a problem if you were performing back ups to your Berry when using DM!

You did backup your device regularly right? This is the first question we have to ask.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

If you have one of the later versions of Desktop Manager you can use the Switch Device Wizard, so long as it can communicate with your old BB.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~since it is still functional as you say,just back up the info using dm and restore to the new phone.easy as 123.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~since it is still functional as you say,just back up the info using dm and restore to the new phone.easy as 123.
    Except for themes, they don't backup/restore. If you have downloaded or created themes, like from Plazmic, you'll need to install them again on your new unit. The "blackberry.alx" themes, like the vendor themes, the "Insight" and "Dimension" and like that, are already included with your new unit so you don't need to transfer them.

eugien no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32ad60cc

oh awesome .. I did not think that the dm actually backed up the ring tones and so forth .. sweet thanks for the help for a noob