I googled and searched forums for days and could not find an answer to my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

threeshot223 no está en línea Stack level 1

Might be a dumb question...7130e

Advertisement

I googled and searched forums for days and could not find an answer to my question. I have a Verizon blackberry 7130e that I would like to take to Sprint. What do I have to do so that Sprint will activate it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Might be a dumb question...7130e

There shouldn't be much to do since they are both CDMA carriers and have the same device (except the Sprint Version has Push To Talk, which the Verizon one doesn't). I would call Verizon first and get an unlock code from them then begin the process of porting the number then break the Verizon contract AFTER the porting process is over (usually a week from what I read online). I don't remember how long it took me to move my number from my parents' Family Plan with Houston Cellular (aka Cingular aka AT&T LOL) to T-Mobile 4 years ago.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-08-2007 at 04:51 AM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Threeshot223. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi threeshot223, welcome to pinstack.

Actually Sprint will not activate the Verizon BB for you.

jasonfont426 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C6D97

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    There shouldn't be much to do since they are both CDMA carriers and have the same device (except the Sprint Version has Push To Talk, which the Verizon one doesn't). I would call Verizon first and get an unlock code from them then begin the process of porting the number then break the Verizon contract AFTER the porting process is over (usually a week from what I read online). I don't remember how long it took me to move my number from my parents' Family Plan with Houston Cellular (aka Cingular aka AT&T LOL) to T-Mobile 4 years ago.
    Absolutely incorrect information! Sprint's policy is very clear on the matter. Sprint will under no circumstances activate the ESN of a device that was not manufactured for use on the Sprint network. You will not be able to take a device with an ESN in the Verizon database and activate it with Sprint. Having to call the CDMA carrier to switch phones is one of the reasons I would never again use a US CDMA carrier (Verizon, Sprint, Alltel). It is much easier to switch GSM carriers/phones as all that is needed is to swap your SIM card.

Sorry,

Jason
    Last edited by jasonfont426; 04-08-2007 at 12:50 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Gee I was just trying to help.

PIN/ID
    204C6D97

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Gee I was just trying to help.
    I apologize if I sounded harsh, didn't mean to!

Jason

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It is much easier to switch GSM carriers/phones as all that is needed is to swap your SIM card.
    You dont have to unlock the phone before you can switch the sim card?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

I have a 7130e from Sprint and it doesn't have push to talk

PIN/ID
    204C6D97

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    You dont have to unlock the phone before you can switch the sim card?
    Only if the phone is locked do you need to unlock it.

Jason

threeshot223 no está en línea Stack level 1

It seems that activating a Verizon phone on a Sprint account depends totally on who I'm taking to. I've gotten the full range of responses, from "Verizon and Sprint are on different bands" to "Yeah, we'll do it if Verizon will unlock it."

Whoever made the comment about CDMA networks was correct, it strikes me as absolutely absurd that I can't use my own phone for a service I pay my hard-earned money for. I've thought about it a while and since the 7130 doesn't have a full keypad (like I really wanted), I think I'm just going to sell it and let someone else deal with the headache.

So, if anyone's interested in a "pretty much" NIB 7130e with two holsters and all accessories, let me know. And thanks for the help!