Hey all! Happy New Year!! I'm having trouble syncing my calendar from MSOutlook with my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jbeebe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2036a599

Microsoft Outlook Calendar

Advertisement

Hey all!
    Happy New Year!!

I'm having trouble syncing my calendar from MSOutlook with my bb. My desktop manager says the location it is looking for doesn't exist and when I try to browse nothing happens.
    T3RNTABL1ST

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Microsoft Outlook Calendar

On your PC Open Outlook and and look for Outlook today (Personal Folders) in the Folders List. Right Click on that and select Properties. Click on Advanced and in the File Name box will be the complete Pathname for your PST file. This is what you need to put in in the Configure OutLook Settings. If you can't browse to find it I'm not sure what to do.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    2036a599

Well, I got the path but I think there is a problem with my Desktop manager software because it won't let me type the location or browse to a location???? I click browse and it does nada. =0(
    T3RNTABL1ST

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try a clean re-install. Check out this thread, How To: Perform A Clean Uninstall Of Desktop Manager for the un-install phase.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2036a599

Did a clean re-install and now I can't sync with address book or calendar or tasks or anything
    T3RNTABL1ST

glitch222 no está en línea Stack level 1

Are you using Office 2007? I had the same issue and had to upgrade to the new BB Desktop Manager software . . . worked after that.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by glitch222; 01-19-2007 at 11:26 PM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I'm running Outlook 2003 & BIS, and I had a similar problem. I found the solution (and a great one at that) is do go to the RIM site and download the latest ver. 4.2 of the desktop manager.

Now mine sync's with Outlook perfectly, it's really fast and stable. It was great relief to solve this, as I have a very dynamic schedule and must sycn at least 2 to 5 times a day. Now it's really fast and easy.

Hope this helps, oh and I know it works with Outlook 2007 as I have a friend that found the same fix worked for him.

Cheers...

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Have you changed the computer or version of Outlook your syncing to since the first time you set things up? I had a weird problem and eventually worked out that going from 1 PC with Outlook Xp to another with Outlook 2003 was a definite no-no. All it took was resetting the sync configuration and then doing it from scrath on the new PC.

BTW, Desktop Manager usually finds the relevant Outlook files on your PC when you first configure syncing and select Outlook as the PIM client. Hopefully this helps

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Have you changed the computer or version of Outlook your syncing to since the first time you set things up? I had a weird problem and eventually worked out that going from 1 PC with Outlook Xp to another with Outlook 2003 was a definite no-no. All it took was resetting the sync configuration and then doing it from scrath on the new PC.

BTW, Desktop Manager usually finds the relevant Outlook files on your PC when you first configure syncing and select Outlook as the PIM client. Hopefully this helps
    You bring up a very good point here that is easily overlooked. Especially if your going from MS Office 2002 or ealier, as they have a different PST file than 2003, and again 2007. So by following the procedure above, you will get it right.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    2036a599

I'm back...I've tried resetting sync settings because I had indeed switched Office versions, however still no luck. Desktop software isn;t finding the location of the information. I can't browse?? Don'tknow why and the area for the location is greyed out so I can't even manually type it in. I'm completely frustrated with this.
    T3RNTABL1ST

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jbeebe - did you do a clean uninstall of the desktop manager and a new install?

PIN/ID
    2036a599

A clean install and new version of desktop manager cleared me up!! Thank you ALL sooo much for your help!
    T3RNTABL1ST

namechange no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having the same problem as you jbeebe, but a clean install and the latest version of desktop manager 4.3 didn't work! I still can't get the calendar! I got the contacts working, but the calendar is still blank. I must be overlooking something easy - any suggestions?