This is probably a very simple question...how do you import/export info from the calendar in ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

PhotoJG no está en línea Stack level 1

Microsoft Outlook

Advertisement

This is probably a very simple question...how do you import/export info from the calendar in MS Outlook to your BB and vice versa?

Thanks!!

Greg

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Microsoft Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJG
    This is probably a very simple question...how do you import/export info from the calendar in MS Outlook to your BB and vice versa?

Thanks!!

Greg
    Hi Greg and Welcome to the Forum

Here's how I use Outlook 2003, with my Blackberry 7130c and a BIS account from Cingular.

1) I downloaded version 4.2 of the Desktop Manager, it's the latest version and works with Outlook much better than earlier versions. Here's the link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

2) Once you have this downloaded and installed on your PC, then you connect your BB via USB cable.

3) When you launch the Desktop Manager you will see 5 icons.
    Application loader, Backup & Restore, Media Mgr, Switch Device Wizard and Synchronize

4) Double click on Sync and then click on the Configuration Tab on top.
    Click on the Configure Sync button. It will show four files on the left side.
    Address book, Calendar, Memo pad, tasks.

5) Highlight Address book, then on the right click on the Choose button. A list of applications will appear, highlight Outlook, under Operation, click the radio button called synchronize. The click on the Configure button on the lower right of the window. A drop down menu will appear, click on advanced settings. Then set it up according to your preferences.

6) Repeat this same process for Calendar, Memo pad, and tasks, then click on Ok to take you out to the main Sync window. Now click on the Sync tab on top.

7) On this page, check the two of the four boxes. A) Sync Organizer Data B) Update devices date and time.

8) Now your all setup, just click on the Sync button and it will put all of your Outlook data into your BlackBerry.

9) Then each time to want to sync all you have to do is hit the sync button as the setup is already there.

Cheers...

thanks for all the great info! I'll print this and work on it!!!

thanks for all the great info! I'll print this and work on it!!!
    Your Welcome,

Let us know how you do.

Once I got mine sorted out, I must say that I'm really enjoying how fast it is. I have over 3,000 contacts, notes etc. in Outlook which is mission critical to my work.

I have never been happier after years of trying other PDA's and Smartphones, nothing came close to the reliability I enjoy with the BlackBerry. Now it will do my sync in just 15 seconds! Amazing!

It's now 100% reliable and has been for nearly four months. I sync twice a day or more and it's the best.

I cannot imagine ever going back to any other smartphone.

Cheers...

Your directions worked perfectly!! How refreshing it is to work on the computer and then just zip it to the BB...no more fumbling around on the "other" cell phone keypads!! Thanks for all the great direction. The group here is awesome!!!

GJ

Your directions worked perfectly!! How refreshing it is to work on the computer and then just zip it to the BB...no more fumbling around on the "other" cell phone keypads!! Thanks for all the great direction. The group here is awesome!!!

GJ
    Terrific! Glad to hear that it all worked out for you.

This is the very aspect of the BlackBerry platform that I enjoy, it just works!

Fast, fun and reliable, a great well engineered device to actually save us time and increase productivity!

Cheers...