i messed up my calendar. i needed to replace the hard drive on my laptop, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Messed up calendar

Advertisement

i messed up my calendar.
    i needed to replace the hard drive on my laptop, but the guy who re-installed everything set the time and date ok but forgot to change the time zone in the laptop's system. my bb is configured to update the date/time everytime it sync's with the laptop. when it synched with the laptop, both my outlook and bb calendars got messed up. birthdays became 2 day events, appointments got rescheduled to 3am(!), recurrent reminders were deleted...
    learning: before synchronizing, make sure that the time zones are the same on both systems.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: Messed up calendar

Is this a company machine, on the company network? Your IT guys should have a time server setup. I would be surprised they dont, if you are indeed, on a corporate/company network.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by bangus236
    i messed up my calendar.
    i needed to replace the hard drive on my laptop, but the guy who re-installed everything set the time and date ok but forgot to change the time zone in the laptop's system. my bb is configured to update the date/time everytime it sync's with the laptop. when it synched with the laptop, both my outlook and bb calendars got messed up. birthdays became 2 day events, appointments got rescheduled to 3am(!), recurrent reminders were deleted...
    learning: before synchronizing, make sure that the time zones are the same on both systems.
    If you haven't already done so, I would recommend wiping the calendar on the device. Within the desktop manager, go to backup and restore, click on advanced, find the handheld database for the calendar. Clear that. After you fix your calendar settings on the desktop machine, then resync. Hope that helps!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    Is this a company machine, on the company network? Your IT guys should have a time server setup. I would be surprised they dont, if you are indeed, on a corporate/company network.
    yes this is a company machine on company network. im not sure if we have time server setup. i'll try to find out. what does this do?
    additional detail: i set my bb not to synch wirelessly with my calendar because i put my appointments & contacts in microsoft outlook instead of lotus notes (which is the company email client). so only my emails get synched wirelessly. contacts & calendar get synched only when i attach my bb to my laptop via BBDM intellisync.

next time this happens i'll try the wipe option