Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do we have to load ringtones using blackberry connection? For instance I was able ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BB7130eUser no está en línea Stack level 1

Loading Ringtones

Advertisement

Why do we have to load ringtones using blackberry connection? For instance I was able to load only three ringtones from tuneusin.com

When attempting download -Shania-Still The One
    I get this error: HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large: The page you requested could not be loaded. Please try loading a different page.
    I checked using my computer ring tone total playtime was 0:16 seconds.

Other ring tones I downloaded successfully showed 0:20 seconds playtime on my computer.

How can I download ring tones to my computer and using Blackberry Desktop Manager to load ringtone on my blackberry?

I am using Blackberry is 7130e on Verizon and. I will appreciate your help.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Loading Ringtones

Even though the clips are shorter, what size are they you are trying to download that won't download?

Just because a clip is shorter in size, doesn't necessarily mean that it's smaller in size.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

BB7130eUser, Welcome to PinStack.

N8 is correct, length and size may not be related. It all has to do with the settings. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

camgie no está en línea Stack level 1

in reference to BB7130eUser.. I just got a BB 7100t. My first BB and I love it. However, I cannot figure out how to download anything from my PC desktop manager to my BB.
    *Note, I got the BB offline on ebay. It is a brand new phone, however it did not come with the desktop manager CD. We went online and downloaded one, it may or may not be the right one. But either way we still cannot figure out how to transfer the files from the PC to the BB phone. Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance for your time

P.S. If anyone knows of a site that for sure has the right BB7100t desktop manager file and can link it.. that would be great

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

camgie, Welcome to PinStack

A few questions are needed to help you. What version of Desktop Manager (DM) did you download? Help/About from the DM main menu. What files are you trying to download? With the basic applications, there are not many things other than Apps and Themes that you can install using DM.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

siciliastyle no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have a 7100g and i am having trouble transfering ringtones to my blackberry with a usb....is it even possible to do this?

Also i know that the ringtone has to be in .adp file to work on you blackberry but then i heard that you need an internet service on your berry so that you can send you ringtone onto a free hosting site online and then send the link to your email and then downloading the ringtone from your email in your blackberry....is there and possible way to transfer ringtones,games,themes through usb? Also i have the lastest desktop manager but it says that i cant transfer ...anyways any help would be good thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

siciliastyle, Welcome to PinStack

The is a way but, it involves downloading the Blackberry JDE and a couple of simulators, and isn't really that easy to set up, from all that I hear on the Stacks lately and you need an internet connection on your PC also. If you really want to try I'll post a link to the thread explaining how.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

siciliastyle no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh thanks go ahead

but please if you explain to me how can u say it in detail...im such a noob...it took me 4 hours to figure out how to upgrade my blackberry to a v4.1 for the themes lol

RCbjr,
    I will find out what pragram we have. We did figure out how to download a game.(pacman But I have another question if I may, can someone explain the PIN number to me? I know it is something to do with the bluetooth phones. But I am a little foggy as to how it works..
    Thank you for your help and information

RiM - BlackBerry Desktop Manager V 4.1.0.8

Basically we have been able to upload a few Apps..... *.alx *.ali files and nothing else.
    We did download the program E-file witch allows files to be transferred to the phone but from there cant seem to move them or do anything with them.
    Would like to be able to transfer ringtones, pics,wallpaper, midi files etc...I would guess what was said above "Blackberry JDE and a couple of simulators" is what is necessary.

jbaiyor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Moving Ringtones

I want to move ringtone A Dios Le Pido from my (old) 7100t to my (new) 8800. I love the version on my 7100t but the one I downloaded to the 8800 sounds like it's played on an accordion. DesktopManager 4.2.1.8 says the 7100t doesn't support media transfer.

I saw a post which described a selective backup then reload via JDE and MDS Simulator (neither of which I understand), but their purpose was to get ring tones ON a 7100t without a data plan. That's not my app.

Anyone know how to copy a ringtone file off a 7100t? If so I can port it to the 8800.
    Thanks,
    Joe B.
    Joe Baiyor

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

jbaiyor, why not just see if you can get a new version, better sounding, for your new BB. Requests can be made here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hread_2_a.html

Re: Moving Ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by jbaiyor
    I want to move ringtone A Dios Le Pido from my (old) 7100t to my (new) 8800. I love the version on my 7100t but the one I downloaded to the 8800 sounds like it's played on an accordion. DesktopManager 4.2.1.8 says the 7100t doesn't support media transfer.

I saw a post which described a selective backup then reload via JDE and MDS Simulator (neither of which I understand), but their purpose was to get ring tones ON a 7100t without a data plan. That's not my app.

Anyone know how to copy a ringtone file off a 7100t? If so I can port it to the 8800.
    Thanks,
    Joe B.
    Excellent question. That was my first thought. I went through T-Zones on the 8800 and downloaded two ringtones:
    One from the HiFi Ringer link - it is a live version with words and very loud. My version was instrumental.
    One fom the MegaTones link - it is instrumental but is either played by a clarinet or accordion and very slow, like elevator music.
    Best I can tell these are the only 2 available via T-zones.
    I think I remember that when I downloaded the orginal I was able to listen to it first, unlike the most recent two. I expect there must be many more ways to get ringtones, possibly with a preview, but I'm a noob and haven't looked around yet.
    Suggestions?
    Joe Baiyor

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    jbaiyor, why not just see if you can get a new version, better sounding, for your new BB. Requests can be made here... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hread_2_a.html
    I guess if I could read I would have looked at the many links you so kindly provided.....
    Thanks,
    Joe B
    Joe Baiyor

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast