Hi - I need a little help. Thought I was helping some friends out by ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

dbagby3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Loaded themes now no email

Advertisement

Hi - I need a little help. Thought I was helping some friends out by loading some themes on their 7100i BB's via DM, now I've ran into a problem. On some of the BB's I loaded their email is not working. Our email is BES server so I don't know if I just need to activate them again on the server or what?

Also, on these same BB's their Internet Browser & Blackberry Browser icons are missing. I realize that some themes do not recognize these two but even when we changed back to the default themes they were no longer there.

Can someone help me please?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Loaded themes now no email

Hi,

Themes will not effect those missing items directly. If your using BES i would suspect that your I.T stafff have policies in place that prevent apps like themes from being installed. Re-send the service books and the email and browser icons should return just fine.

hope that helps.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Sorry you have run into issues. Try a battery pull then when it boots up go to tools/options, advanced options, host routing table and press track wheel, select register now. see if that pops the icons back. If not log into your carriers email and resend your service books see if that takes care of it. Hope that helps.

Thanks to you both for your quick response.

I tried pulling the battery out and then registering again under the Host Routing Table which cured the Internet Browser but not the Blackberry browser & email is still not working.

I also tried having my IT dept to resend the service books but an error occurred on the BB that read: "Decryption error/failure. Please regenerate key." So now I've asked them to delete the user from the server and readd them & try enterprise activation again to see what happens????

I'll keep you posted.....

Smile Re: Loaded themes now no email

UPDATE - after reactivating the 'problem' Blackberries everything was restored & back to normal.

Email is working and Blackberry Browser is back.