I just got a jvm error 102 on my 7100i and I don't have a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bartile no está en línea Stack level 1

jvm error 102: is everything gone? HELP!!!

Advertisement

I just got a jvm error 102 on my 7100i and I don't have a current backup. Is there anyway to salvage my data?
    Last edited by bartile; 08-13-2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: change title

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: jvm error 102: is everything gone?

Error 102 is an error in a program file (.COD) not data. Have you tried pulling the battery, put it back in and backing up? It may even back up with the error message displaying.

If you get a good backup, simply reload the OS. In fact the Application Loader should even offer to back up and restore the data if you attempt to reload the OS.

Good luck!
    JerryD

bartile no está en línea Stack level 1

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but it just puts me right back into the cycle of "jvm error 102 Reset" and that's as far as it lets me go. Please help!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

follow this link http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html it may be possible to back up the info as you are running the application loader. Just select automatically back up and restore.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by bartile
    I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but it just puts me right back into the cycle of "jvm error 102 Reset" and that's as far as it lets me go. Please help!!
    Bartile, sorry you're having this trouble.

If you hit the JVM 102 Fix link in my signature, it will take you through the steps needed to get back up and running again.

Unfortunately, if you haven't done a backup, your data will be gone because you will have to do a wipe and reload.

Let us know how you make out.