i wonder... if the telenav software can make your bb talk... i bet that's no ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

Lightbulb just wondering!!!!

Advertisement

i wonder... if the telenav software can make your bb talk... i bet that's no midi but an mp3 or another compresed audio how hard would it be to change the 7100i so it can use them for ringtones???

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: just wondering!!!!

I have thought the same thing, and I try not to think about it because it will drive me crazy. I wouldnt know where to start.

PIN/ID
    4013e488

lol same here but at least i know is not a hardware limitation but a rim issue in the software of the phone... may be a joint effort to make rim put this in the upcoming software updates

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, I think that it actually may be a hardware limitiation. Who knows. I have a 7290 that I try and break every day by doing strange things to it. Never tried to edit the ringtones, although I was able to delete them completely.

This may be something to look into, but I think that that company probably has manipulated something in the midi files or whatnot to get it to do that.

Dunno though...Just another thing to add to the every growing list of "How I can abuse my blackberry today".

PIN/ID
    4013e488

noo that's the point... if it is a hardware limitation how come telenav can speak the turn by turn... it means it is realtone capable.. but why remove it for the ringtones, maybe rim was not thinking outside the biznes market... but i mean... even ceo's like to hear mp3 in their phones or am i wrong?