Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me with this error on ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

dgh
    dgh no está en línea Stack level 1

Jum Error 231 Reset

Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me with this error on my bb 7130e? Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Jum Error 231 Reset

Can't find anything on that specific error, but if it is a continuous reset then you probably need to try a Battery Pull Reboot first. Pull the battery for about 15 - 20 sec. If that doesn't work then you can try reloading the Device Software. Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dgh

Thanks for your help. I've reset it several times by removing the battery. I'll have to follow up on the guides you've given me and see how it goes. I'll let you know what happens, thanks.

dgh

Thanks Rcbjr! IT WORKED!

I was able to break the error/rest loop by turning the phone off before it completely rebooted. Then when I turned it back on there was enough time to synchronize and back-up my data (whew...). Then I reinstalled the OS. It didn't work right away, had to run the install wizard twice but it took the second time. Thanks alot. I was afraid I'd have to upgrade to a new phone before I was ready.