Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, please allow me to vent for a moment. I'm truly beginning to think that ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Is vaunted Blackberry stability mythical?

Advertisement

Okay, please allow me to vent for a moment.

I'm truly beginning to think that Blackberrys' reputation for unshakeable stability is more the result of good PR than a rock-solid operating system. My 7100i has gotten to the point where it crashes every two to three weeks. And it always seems to fail when I need it most, like tonight when I needed to return a client's call. I keyed in the number, hit the dial button and boom, "prefetch exception." I hit reset and got a "JVM 102" error. Luckily, I was able to use another phone to make my call, because it took about five resets to get the phone back. And this was a good example. About half the time I have to wipe and reload the phone. Because I use it for my calendar, I've taken to backing it up after any major calendar update, sometimes two or three times a week. This week I have actually gone back to using my Sony Clie UX-50 (Palm OS) for my calendar because it's much more stable. I got the Blackberry so I wouldn't have to carry two devices, but its become so unreliable that I've had to go back. With all the bad things I've heard about the Treo, I can't imagine it being any worse than what I'm experiencing now.

Thank you, I feel better now.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Is vaunted Blackberry stability mythical?

I understand this completely. I've went thru 4 devices since last March (2006). I started with a 7105t last March. Lasted 8 months (November 2006). Replaced it with another 7105t only to have that one less than 2 months (January 2007). Just TWO WEEKS LATER I got a Pearl January 26, 2007 and THAT one lasted less than 3 months also. I am currently on Pearl #2 since April 12.

My suggestion would be to replace the device or upgrade to the 8830. Sounds like a defective device since you've wiped and reloaded it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-18-2007 at 12:49 AM.

I think it's gotta be ghosts or demon posession -- Every BB I've ever had has performed like a workhorse, and the only times I've had a problem is when I'm not doing it right. I'm not saying youse guys are messing up your handhelds, but from my perspective it's unusual to have so many problems -- like I sed, posession or ghosts!

Must be possession cause I have had a total of 10 devices in 4 years. Those 4 I mentioned in my previous post were in a span of 13 months.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Must be possession cause I have had a total of 10 devices in 4 years. Those 4 I mentioned in my previous post were in a span of 13 months.
    Wow. The list of handhelds I've used that appears in my sig is only about 2-1/2 years worth -- maybe I just don't keep them around long enough to have problems It seems to me, though, that as far as quality "feel" and workmanship, my 6230s, 7230s and my 7290 are better constructed than the two 7100 series I've had, and definately sturdier than the 8700. I'm going to try to stick with my current 7105t as long as i can -- I guess I'll find out how dependable it will be!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Mine has been very dependable dont know what else to say here
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

My 7130e has been great as a work phone. I have had it for almost 2 years have never had to do a hard reset without it being my fault. My kids play the games, push misc. buttons and I occasionally drop it. It is my 1st and only BB. I will be upgrading in a month or so when my 2 years are up. I hope I have good luck to get another reliable BB.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Well, after crashing five times in the last three days, this morning it crashed and I haven't been able to get it back after resetting it every time I though about it during the day -- at least a dozen times. I'm about to wipe and reload it. Again. My contract is up in March and I'm trying to hold out until then. I don't want to extend my contract because I'm going to switch from Nextel. I'm working in Baltimore and Nextel's network there sucks. Most of the time I can't even make a call on my cell while sitting at my desk; I have to go outside the building. Nextel is awesome in Washington, DC, where I worked most of my life, but now that I'm in Baltimore, it's not working for me. Looks like I'll have to go to Verizon. Yuk. Contrary to popular opinion, Bill Gates is not the anti-Christ, Verizon (collectively) is.

PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Ya know, I'm really about ready to launch this thing through the nearest window. I finally got it wiped and reloaded and after waiting about 20 minutes, I had to call Nextel to get the thing to register with the network. Now for whatever reason my the backup did not save my ribbon order and my icons are all screwed up. In addition, Millenia Studio seems to have changed all the Plazmic Theme Reader links to links for MacBerry, so I can't display the theme I've been using for several months. I cannot wait for March. I wonder if Verizon can use Nextel's poor coverage in Baltimore to get me out of my contract?

Sounds like you would benefit from an immediate upgrade to the 8830 on Verizon if you can get out of your Nextel contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BBadBoy
    Ya know, I'm really about ready to launch this thing through the nearest window. I finally got it wiped and reloaded and after waiting about 20 minutes, I had to call Nextel to get the thing to register with the network. Now for whatever reason my the backup did not save my ribbon order and my icons are all screwed up. In addition, Millenia Studio seems to have changed all the Plazmic Theme Reader links to links for MacBerry, so I can't display the theme I've been using for several months. I cannot wait for March. I wonder if Verizon can use Nextel's poor coverage in Baltimore to get me out of my contract?
    Here's a thread with some links and discussion about getting out of a contract. It's buried in the "T-Mobile" users forum, maybe there's something helpful there -- Cancelling a contract? -- Hope it helps

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ add me to the list of flawless BB performers, though only having had mine for the last 10 months or so, but still going strong.

rasclot no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive been through seven this year wit various problem.7100i nextel

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my bb have always been stable to the max.

dkennedy no está en línea Stack level 1

mine is stable...at least when I am using it...sometimes...now and then....it seems to have rebooted overnight...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast