I'm beginning to think that the problem with my backlight being on constantly is that ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Is software version 4.1 appropriate for 7100i?

Advertisement

I'm beginning to think that the problem with my backlight being on constantly is that when I got the JVM 102 error and had to wipe and reload my 7100i, I loaded software version 4.1.0.376 (Platform 2.1.0.46). Although I downloaded these from the Nextel website, I wonder if they're for an 8100 series BB. A few hours ago, I got a JVM 517 error and just got my BB working after again having to wipe and reload it. This is getting old. I took it in to the nearest service center yesterday about the backlight problem. After making me wait half an hour, they gave it back to me and told me to call Blackberry support. BlackBerry support told me to wipe and reload the software, which I was going to do this weekend, until I got the JVM 517 error, which made me do it tonight. Now its working again, but the backlight is also back on constantly again. For the Nextel techs or reps out there - I have two questions. First, is version 4.1 software okay for the 7100i, or do I have to stick to version 4.0? Second, I think I'd like to trade my 7100i for a 7130 (I almost never use ptt anymore). I have a Sprint contract, but a Nextel phone. The contract and the phone are about a year old. Any magic words I can say to get a fantastic deal on trading my phone?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Is software version 4.1 appropriate for 7100i?

Hi BBadBoy,

For the 7100i 4.1 is the default version of the software. If .wav file ringtones are not important you could return to the original out of the box software 4.1.0.136 i think?

I'm not sure about question 2.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Do you think reloading an earlier software version would solve the backlight problem?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

my best advice is to talk to the retention department they are the people who can do anything my first phone wasnt a BB or working and i got a 7130e for free when it was $480 now my fiance has a 7100 and just replaced it with a new one she was almost gonna buy a treo because of all her 7100 problems but she got a new one out the box has a new OS dunno what one but she no longer hates her BB point is make the tech replace your BB and dont take no for a answer tell them the port wont charge thats a problem they cant fix

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Nextel has no 8100 series BB devices yet so that OS should work. I think the backlight being on constantly is a feature of the OS. Unfortunately, there is no OS 4.2 upgrade for the 7100 series to change this.