I charge my 7100i every night although it seldom gets below 25% charged and about ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Is battery memory an issue?

Advertisement

I charge my 7100i every night although it seldom gets below 25% charged and about half the time doesn't even get below 75%. I just like to start each day with a fully charged battery. Is this going to shorten the life of my battery? I don't think its "supposed" to, but not everything works as advertised.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Is battery memory an issue?

It is a Lithium Ion battery which has a lifetime of approximately 365 charges. What you are supposed to do is charge it until it says 100% and no longer. That will keep it working for a really long time. If you charge it more than once a day it will decrease the lifetime as well. If Im in the wrong direction please someone kick me back on track.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It shouldn't hurt the battery life. I charge mine every chance I get by keeping it connected to my pc, or carrying a travel charger (except this past week when I forgot to use it).

PIN/ID
    3056468b

My girlfriend charges hers all night, I charge my till it says 100%. Now that I think about it, I dont notice much of a difference. Thats just what I have always practiced with Li-Ion. Hmmm, old habits are hard to break.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I plug mine in every night, but the BB seems to end the charge cycle itself when it reaches 100%. Anyway, the icon changes. Thanks for the info. Good to know I'm probably not frying the battery.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

yea i alwas plug mine in at night unless i am not going anywhere in the morning and it is not dead. i hate not haveing a full battery.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah, I plug my in every night cause I don't like the battery to get too low. I gotta get a car charger.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Generally batterys these days have little memory effect. But if it does seem not to be lasting allow it to fully discharge untill the unit powers off, take the battery out for a few minutes so the components within the device discharge then put back and charge completely. This has always worked for all my phones, the reason you need to discharge the phone circitry is because the battery levels are calibrated by device usage and need to be cleared.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Li-ion batteries generally are rated for "x" 100% discharge-charge cycles. That number might be 365 or something else, but it's full cycles, not partial--so, charge away!

Also, the comment about resetting the electronics now and again is not a bad idea. There are circuits designed to monitor battery status and they can drift from calibration as the battery ages.

Good stuff!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3056468b

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

I usually plug in via USB port to charge while I'm in the office every morning. I always sync my BB first thing I am at my desk every morning. From what I understand, a Li-Ion do not suffer memory effect and it will be great to charge it whenever possible.