I have a BB 7250. I would like to purchace a ipd editor so I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tlat no está en línea Stack level 1

ipd editor

Advertisement

I have a BB 7250. I would like to purchace a ipd editor so I can retrieve address book and edit it and put back on BB. Is there a program out there that lets someone edit their ipd file? Typing in a hundred names, numbers and emails can take a while. I also want to take all my stuff off my 7250 and put on a newer BB. If there is a program that does this, would be great. Thanks..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

tlat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Rcbjr ? Could you help please..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Actually, you don't need to edit the IPD file to edit your Address book contacts. Go to the Blackberry Desktop Download site, and download the Desktop Manager 4.2. THis will allow you to sync your BB to an AscII file which can then be edited with Notepad, or even Excel. Then you can re-sync with your BB and all will be updated.

I'm not sure but the latest version of Desktop 4.1 may also have this feature.

The App that cp was thinking about is for extracting databases from the ipd file. It will not allow going the other way.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

edfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ipd editor

Quote Originally Posted by tlat
    I have a BB 7250. I would like to purchace a ipd editor so I can retrieve address book and edit it and put back on BB. Is there a program out there that lets someone edit their ipd file? Typing in a hundred names, numbers and emails can take a while. I also want to take all my stuff off my 7250 and put on a newer BB. If there is a program that does this, would be great. Thanks..
    Great question, I'm a new 8700c user and would love to know if you got an answer

Thanks
    Ed Fox

edfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: ipd editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Actually, you don't need to edit the IPD file to edit your Address book contacts. Go to the Blackberry Desktop Download site, and download the Desktop Manager 4.2. THis will allow you to sync your BB to an AscII file which can then be edited with Notepad, or even Excel. Then you can re-sync with your BB and all will be updated.

I'm not sure but the latest version of Desktop 4.1 may also have this feature.

The App that cp was thinking about is for extracting databases from the ipd file. It will not allow going the other way.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Thanks, I'll try it Ed