Hi, brand new here and with a dumb theme question too! Just bought a 7130c, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

asnider123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Interchangeable Themes??

Advertisement

Hi, brand new here and with a dumb theme question too!

Just bought a 7130c, don't even have it yet, but am curious about themes .. it seems that the 71xx and the 81xx BB's have the same resolution (240x260) so is there any reason one could not use an 81xx theme on a 71xx phone?

I remember back to my 7280 days .. I used a couple of 7100 themes on it, and the resolution wasn't even the same. Other than some ocassional scrolling, it worked just fine. So I am guessing that 240x260 themes would prob work on any 240x260 BB. Am I in error?

I want to download some themes before I even have the unit, will 8100 themes work on the 7130c? Sure is a lot more to choose from in the 8100 series.

Thanks, Alan in Oklahoma

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    i believe they are.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

ntajhn no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think they may only work if you have the same OS exam:4.1,4.2 along those lines.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Many themes are OS Specific. Therefore, if you have the same OS as the Pearl, you should be fine.

Otherwise, I don't believe they will work.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Many themes are OS Specific. Therefore, if you have the same OS as the Pearl, you should be fine.

Otherwise, I don't believe they will work.
    Thanks, I haven't even gotten the 7130c yet, it's brand new in the box, don't know what OS ver it was shipped with. Understand that I can dl the current ver from the BB website, so I should be ok there.

Also, please what is a prizmatic (believe that's the name) theme? Does it need some kind of software installed in order to use one?

Thanks again, Alan in Oklahoma

A little update, got my 7130c, immediately updated DM and handheld os to latest available. Tried 8100 themes, many work, some don't. It's ok, some of them have a trackwheel vs. trackball problem. Still gives me a host of new themes to play with. All's well with the world. Alan

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Oh you're talking about Plasmic Theme Reader. Yes this needs to be installed to view themes on the 7100 series but if I remember correctly, it's installed when you install a theme.