So... I want to pick up a used 7130c (Cingular version), but I would like ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

I want a 7130c, but I'm a TMO customer...

Advertisement

So... I want to pick up a used 7130c (Cingular version), but I would like to hear about TMO customers experience with unlocked versions of this phone. I've heard great things about this handset, I like the design and I am a fan of the SureType keyboard.

First, any problems getting the device unlocked, or getting it to work on the TMO system?

Second, are there any weaknesses or faults in the 7130 that I should be aware of when shopping for a used one?

Thanks in advance...

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

Re: I want a 7130c, but I'm a TMO customer...

I can't tell you much about the phone, but I've never had a problem getting unlocked phones to work on the t-mo net. Even my ex-wife ended up buying a phone from target and had no problems throwing her sim in there to use it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

If you do but an unlocked BB just make sure that the user has released the pin and check to see if it was used on a BES. This will limit any suprises.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I think this is the only known issue: UNLOCKED 7130c on T-Mobile I think they should have the service books by now though, esp now that the Pearl is out.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

To those posters above... thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your advice.

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I had been using an unlocked 7130c on TMO last year and I have had no problems with it.