I just recently terminated my data plan on my BB 7100i with nextel, and I ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

big.mitch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401299EF

I Know I Should Know This But....

Advertisement

I just recently terminated my data plan on my BB 7100i with nextel, and I remove my sim card from my 7100i and put it in my i670 flip phone.

well, after about a month i found myself very irritated because although i know i made the switch because my nextel bill was like going thru the roof...but i find myself not being able to really type text messages on this flip phone.....SO ...

my question is : can you send text messages to other cell phones on the bb 7100i WITHOUT a data plan ? Basically can my bbi 7100i act like myi i670 except i have a better keyboard to use to type my text messages...

spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317a9127

Re: I Know I Should Know This But....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no. To have a BB activated on a carrier you have to have a BB data plan activated.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't think you need a data plan for SMS. Wouldn't hurt to try. Just pop in your sum card and try to text.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You don't need a data plan for SMS, but I'm not sure what Nextel's policy about activating BBs on there network without a plan. I think there was some discussion a while back about them detecting the BB and automatically applying the plan, or something like that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcb is right, Sprint can add the data plan if you simply swap sims. Also please not the Nextel phones are not sms capable, you only have mms, and for that you need data.