We have a user who has alot of trouble viewing html emails on his 7100. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bbshooter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244D5E51

HTML emails

Advertisement

We have a user who has alot of trouble viewing html emails on his 7100. We are a Groupwise shop and do not use a BES. We use a third party product called Notifylink to handle Groupwise transfer. Both Cingular and Notifylink support say that not all html message can be read. Has anyone found a workaround for this. Tha user is getting tired of not being able to read these emails. On a related front, the same user is having trouble opening .pdf attachments. Again the response from support is that scanned .pdf files are not viewed a s true pdf files but rather as images, so the pdf viewer won't open them. Any ideas on that as well would be appreciated.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: HTML emails

Someone correct me if i am wrong but lots of graphics in emails use Java? which cannot be read by BB's, you just get code scrambled stuff....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    244D5E51

The user cannot see even text from an html email. However if he forwards the email as an attachment to himself, he can read it. I told him that is because the Blackberry sends it out plain text. Is that correct? I also don't understand the Blackberry not reading Java. It's java based, isn't it?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Maybe i am thinking of the HTML code it cant handle....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    244D5E51

That's what Notifylink support says. Same with the scanned in pdf's. Their workaround is to have the user send it to himself as an attachment. The user doesn't like that answer, so i'm looking for other ways to get around it. I've told him to have his clients sent the email in plain text but he says that's not a good response either. So i'm spending my days looking for an answer that may not exist.