[FONT=Times New Roman] Hello Folks [/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman] I am new user to BB ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

shogun no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile How to Unlock 7130c ( Cingular) - exact steps

Advertisement

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hello Folks[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] I am new user to BB world. I just upgraded to a BB 7130C (Cingular.) I will be traveling abroad in the near future. I am trying to unlock my device to use internationally (Asia).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I got the instructions for unlocking my 7130c from Cingular and was unsuccessful twice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman](I am not even sure if I attempted unlocking, correctly. Anyway to be safe I will assume I have 3 attempts left.) Here are my device specs:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Blackberry wireless 7130c - Wireless handheld EDGE [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]v4.1.0.321 (Platform 2.1.0.26)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Here are the instructions from Cingular, (as I understood them)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Insert SIM card ( I am assuming the Cingular SIM card , not the international one)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']power up device[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Turn off wireless radio. (I did this from the menu.)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Go inside “Setting”/”Options”/ “Advanced options”[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Then go inside “SIM card” menu[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Then type "mepd" ( type “as is” , without pressing alt key)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Do not press enter or any other key. ( Please note the screen is still unchanged)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Then type "mep2" [/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Do not press enter or any other key (Again the screen is unchanged , as if nothing happened)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Then type pin [i.e. 16 digit numeric code] ( again I did not change the keyboard mode)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Do not press enter or any other key ( Again the screen is unchanged , as if nothing happened)[/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']I am supposed to be unlocked![/FONT]
    • [FONT='Comic Sans MS']Nothing updated! (I know because on inserting my international SIM , the BB device warned this SIM was invalid , as before. Clearly it did not accept the SIM.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Obviously some thing is wrong here. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I saw similar instruction for a 7100g[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] device from Cingular[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] here:[/FONT]

blackberryforums dot pinstack dot com/1145-im_going_crazy_over_here_unlocking dot html?highlight=unlock
    [FONT=Times New Roman]These are slightly different.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]So here are questions.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Am I supposed to have that international SIM card inserted, while unlocking ? [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Should I go to a Cingular store & have some rep unlock it for me. ( I live in the bay area, CA)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Will unlocking the device, remove or permanently disable any features on my BB. I.e. once I return to the USA & reinsert the Cingular SIM card?[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Times New Roman]Finally what is wrong/missing in above steps?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Please share your steps or instruction with me[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Shogun[/FONT]

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How to Unlock 7130c ( Cingular) - exact steps

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Hello Folks
    I am new user to BB world. I just upgraded to a BB 7130C (Cingular.) I will be traveling abroad in the near future. I am trying to unlock my device to use internationally (Asia).
    I got the instructions for unlocking my 7130c from Cingular and was unsuccessful twice.
    (I am not even sure if I attempted unlocking, correctly. Anyway to be safe I will assume I have 3 attempts left.) Here are my device specs:

Blackberry wireless 7130c - Wireless handheld EDGE
    v4.1.0.321 (Platform 2.1.0.26)

Here are the instructions from Cingular, (as I understood them)

• Insert SIM card ( I am assuming the Cingular SIM card , not the international one)
    • power up device
    • Turn off wireless radio. (I did this from the menu.)
    • Go inside “Setting”/”Options”/ “Advanced options”
    • Then go inside “SIM card” menu
    • Then type "mepd" ( type “as is” , without pressing alt key)
    • Do not press enter or any other key. ( Please note the screen is still unchanged)
    • Then type "mep2"
    • Do not press enter or any other key (Again the screen is unchanged , as if nothing happened)
    • Then type pin [i.e. 16 digit numeric code] ( again I did not change the keyboard mode)
    • Do not press enter or any other key ( Again the screen is unchanged , as if nothing happened)
    • I am supposed to be unlocked!
    • Nothing updated! (I know because on inserting my international SIM , the BB device warned this SIM was invalid , as before. Clearly it did not accept the SIM.)

Obviously some thing is wrong here.

I saw similar instruction for a 7100g device from Cingular here:

blackberryforums dot pinstack dot com/1145-im_going_crazy_over_here_unlocking dot html?highlight=unlock
    These are slightly different.

So here are questions.

• Am I supposed to have that international SIM card inserted, while unlocking ?
    • Should I go to a Cingular store & have some rep unlock it for me. ( I live in the bay area, CA)
    • Will unlocking the device, remove or permanently disable any features on my BB. I.e. once I return to the USA & reinsert the Cingular SIM card?
    • Finally what is wrong/missing in above steps?
    Please share your steps or instruction with me

Regards
    Shogun
    shogun, welcome to PinStack.

I can't help with the unlocking procedure, not having tried it yet, but unlocking the device will not remove or disable any features on your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: How to Unlock 7130c ( Cingular) - exact steps

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in all the instructions I've seen from Cingular to unlock, it requires the other sim in the phone. Ofcourse were talking about standard cell phones. Nothing as classy as the BB.

Before you attempt again, call up cing customer service and see if they can clarify on the unlock process or go to your nearest cing store.

Once you get it unlocked could you reply with the correct steps to help anyone else who might need to unlock his device, i.e. Me?