I've spent a couple hours searching User Guide, FAQs, & threads, but to no avail, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

newBBie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do you get the battery cover off 7130e??

Advertisement

I've spent a couple hours searching User Guide, FAQs, & threads, but to no avail, so I hope this isn't a duplicate question. I have scratched, pried & chipped at the edges of the battery cover on my 7130e, but CANNOT get the cover off to try a hard reset! I tried the excellent looking photo guide for the 7130g (not identical, but I hoped close enough) but without success.

A child maxed out my main Password attempts, & now it's been stuck on hourglass for several hours. I tried calling it from landline to see if I could interrupt it, but it goes straight to VM as if it is powered off. Fortunately, I did a backup last night, so I'm not worried about wiping the device. The device won't soft reset, nor will it power off. I've also tried connecting to power & to computer, but no change.

Any help or advice appreciated. If I get desperate, would it be worth a try to let it run out of juice, then recharge & hope it resets?

Thanks!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    As for getting the battery cover off it takes some practice especially with that model there is a button on the back at the bottom push that in while using your other hand (fingernail maybe) or pushing down at the same time.

For the BB not responding, the max passwords have been attempted so the device has been wiped (I bet your glad you did a backup last night )

Once you master your battery cover, either restore your device or reinstall the OS.

If DM wont recognize the BB or you have a java error try this.

Try following the instructions here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...vice+connected

Happy Holidays.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    newBBie, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sorry about the problem you experienced, but if you follow dfc's recommendation you should be up and running in no time.

Welcome to the Stacks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: How do you get the battery cover off 7130e??

Quote Originally Posted by newBBie
    CANNOT get the cover off
    I experienced the exact same problem with the battery cover and thought I would never get it removed. Then I thought of this:

I find the plastic battery cover too slippery to get a grip on. So I use a 4" length of scotch tape folded over on one end to make a pull tab.Then I place the tape on the battery door with the tab hanging off the bottom next to the release button. This way I have something to pull on without putting too much pressure on the door.

What is really important to know, is that you must press in on the top edge of the button (nearest the top of the phone). Even though it looks like a button it's really a tab that pivots along the bottom edge. Once you get the battery cover off, take a close look at it from the inside of the cover, and it makes it easy to understand at that point.

In addition, you must press it downwards carefully and just enough to release the latch. If you press too hard it travels down far enough to bind and then it will not release. Once you get the hang of it, you will see that it's actually very easy.

After I get the door off, and remove the battery if I need to remove the sim card I use the same piece of tape on the top side of the sim to "jiggle" it out of it's socket. Makes removing the sim very easy.

Cheers.........

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

yea for some reason ths berry is a pain to get the door off. i rember mine was a big pain took me awhile to get it off. lol

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt
    yea for some reason ths berry is a pain to get the door off. i rember mine was a big pain took me awhile to get it off. lol
    Yeah, if I did'nt like my BB so much I would have taken a hammer to it.......