Hey, I just got a 7130g, and i must admit im finding it quite hard ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

NPrincess90 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey

Advertisement

Hey, I just got a 7130g, and i must admit im finding it quite hard to use it. Can anyone tell me what the desktop manager does exactly?
    Last edited by NPrincess90; 12-30-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Re: Hey

By the way, i know that you can use it to load applications, but how? where do i get these applications from, and can i equip my 7130g with bluetooth data handling this way?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanx again cp, but could anyone give me some tips on how to put files onto my BB using desktop manager?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

To install an app with the desktop manager

Here’s how:

Download the app or program file to your PC:
    Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
    Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    Find the file called “ProgramName.alx” and click “OK”.
    Let the Desktop manager do the rest.

Hope this helps?

Oooohhh! Yeah that does help alot! So i can just download from this site, and let it go from there. Thanx srl!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by NPrincess90
    Hey, I just got a 7130g, and i must admit im finding it quite hard to use it.
    Greetings and Welcome to Pinstack!

Based on your posts here it sounds like you are doing great! Just be patient and keep working with it, then suddenly you'll be up to speed.

I have a 7130c and I'm really enjoying it!

Cheers.............

Thanx archer, im really trying to get the most out of mine too! Everyone here has been a great help, despite the fact came here knowing next to nothing! Another quick question though - although I've been downloading applications, none of them seem to be on the required format for my BB. Is there anyway i can get around this little problem?

Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by NPrincess90
    Thanx archer, im really trying to get the most out of mine too! Everyone here has been a great help, despite the fact came here knowing next to nothing! Another quick question though - although I've been downloading applications, none of them seem to be on the required format for my BB. Is there anyway i can get around this little problem?

Thanks again guys!
    Just a thought to share with you.

BlackBerry was the last stop on the smartphone train for me, as I had tried Treo's, a Moto Q and found both of those platforms buggy, with instability, freezes and crashes etc. Besides I had not given BB much of a thought as my impression was they were too big and bulky. Then I saw the 7130c which was an attractive size and shape.

I too, was very interested in loading some 3rd party software like Opera, when I first got mine. However like you I was brand new to the BlackBerry Platform, so I decided to set my impulses aside and learn the device first. Even though the BlackBerry menus are very easy to use, there is a lot to learn when switching to something new. You might want to "reframe" your approach and just enjoy learning and using it, as it came out of the box.

I know that I'm glad I did, as now I have a completely different set of goals for mine.

Cheers....

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Just a thought to share with you.

BlackBerry was the last stop on the smartphone train for me, as I had tried Treo's, a Moto Q and found both of those platforms buggy, with instability, freezes and crashes etc. Besides I had not given BB much of a thought as my impression was they were too big and bulky. Then I saw the 7130c which was an attractive size and shape.

I too, was very interested in loading some 3rd party software like Opera, when I first got mine. However like you I was brand new to the BlackBerry Platform, so I decided to set my impulses aside and learn the device first. Even though the BlackBerry menus are very easy to use, there is a lot to learn when switching to something new. You might want to "reframe" your approach and just enjoy learning and using it, as it came out of the box.

I know that I'm glad I did, as now I have a completely different set of goals for mine.

Cheers....

Great advice, well put. I totally agree with that concept. It's very hard to do tho and ie: creates the famous Crackberry Addict is us all.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    Great advice, well put. I totally agree with that concept. It's very hard to do tho and ie: creates the famous Crackberry Addict is us all.

Thanks srl7741 !

You are so right, I'm already truly addicted to my BlackBerry's.

I have become so obsessed with learning everything I can, as fast as I can that it has truly turned into an adventure. What a pleasure to buy a new phone that does everything you want and more. To buy a product that actually lives up to one's expectations. Pure Joy!

Cheers..........