I did something real stupid! I bought a 7100t because it said it could be ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Allen72 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help With US Cellular!

Advertisement

I did something real stupid!I bought a 7100t because it said it could be used with us cellular but now they say they won't even try to activate itThey said i could find places on the net to help me with my problem but would not say what or where!@#@!Anyone know what i need to do ???

Thanx for any help!
    Last edited by melissaox; 08-06-2006 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update title to get advice needed.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help!

Anyone with US Cellular know about this?

Is your BB locked to Tmobile? If so you will have to get the unlock code for it before you can use it on US Cellular. I am guessing that is what they are talking about.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

No the phone i bought is unlocked and brand new in the box.I explained that to Us Cellular but they still said negative the would not activate it.

I called 4 times talked to 4 differant peep's so i could get all of there opinions and they all were negative..

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I know nothing about US Cellular. Normally someone already has an account with a provider, in my case Tmo. I already have a Tmo SIM card. When I buy a new phone, say an 8700, I just pop my SIM card in and poof it works. I am assuming US Cellular uses SIM Cards. You need a SIM card that is set up which you just pop into the 7100t.
    Tmo doesn't really care what phone I am using my SIM Card in.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Re: Help With US Cellular!

I dont think Us Cellular use sim card's.I really know nothing about phones i know my other phone has no sims card..Us Cellular say they will only activate the i think the 7250 and the 7130e..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If US Cellular does not use sim cards then a TMO phone will not work with that company. The sim card is how the phone is activated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Apparently US Cellular is a CMDA based system. Uses the same phones as Verizon and Sprint. Blackberry.com does not list which providers support the 7100t, but it is a quad band phone, which suggests it is GSM based. This means that the 7100t will not work on this network. Different protocols. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I would try to return it to the buyer.

A bit of advice, next time don't always believe what the seller says, but do a little research to see what phones are sold/supported by your provider. This is not necessarally directed at you but to maybe help others reading this thread before buying something off Ebay.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

nxv65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013e488

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you can't return it ill buy it! Let me know then go and get a cdma bb

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep-US Cellular is a great company for service. But the one thing they won't do is activate a phone not bought from US Cellular (unless you can get one from the manufacturer programmed for USC). And yeah the other poster is correct. GSM phones would not work on a CDMA carrier, even if you could find a USC employee willing to lose his job to try. It is just impossible. Ebay people lie all the time, unfortunately I am assuming Ebay is where you got it.

For future reference on US Cellular, I have them for my service, but am not real "techie" or anything. Osiris pops on here and Howardforums-mostly Hofo-and he can answer US Cell related questions. Very knowledgeable and nice to talk to.

Lovellbird

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b