I've recently took a new job installing satellites and one thing I will need is ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

KevinACrider no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2044D40E

Help with GPS

Advertisement

I've recently took a new job installing satellites and one thing I will need is navigation. Is there a sure fire way to use GPS with the 7130c and a navigation program?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Help with GPS

You can try TeleNav at http://www.telenav.com but it's around $10/month plus the cost of software and a GPS receiver.

Or http://mologogo.com/ but I don't know much about it.

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

I can tell you about www.mologogo.com since I have it on my phone. If you don't have nextel...you can't have mologogo, so just jump to the next post.

Pro's:
    -Free!

Con's:
    -Quite slow
    -Is a constant drain on the battery, as if you were constantly on the phone
    -mologogo.com website is quite glitchy...but seems to offer lots

In all, it's free, so don't complain! But, so you know more about it...it takes about 7 minutes to sign in and be tracked. To be tracked, you have to turn it on. While being tracked, it is constantly draining your battery. However, it has a fun interactive website...but the website is quite glitchy and requires you to sign in about 45 times while trying to make changes.

LOOK ME UP! I'm boblincoln on www.mologogo.com

PIN/ID
    2044D40E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's a 7130c so it's on Cingular. That's why I asked about the Bluetooth GPS. I don't know of any of them that work.

SHAWNY no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013F062

I use TeleNav and the software was free and i recieved a my first months free. im with nextel so i dont know if that offer will appy to you, but i really enjoy telenav its worth the 10 bucks a month. It even has a biz finder that will shows you the cheapest gas prices and gives you directions to them.
    ~~Shhhh dont tell~~

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

I think you'll find that only the Nextel bb's have had the ability to do GPS tracking with turn by turn instructions. I've looked into this quite a bit and the 71XX series just doesn't have that ability. Even if you look at telenav they will tell you to buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver. If someone else discovers different plear pin me @ 2034D312

PIN/ID
    2044D40E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I know I will need the GPS receiver and I'm willing to buy one if I know it will work for sure. I just don't know where to get one.